Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

a New sharp violet diode

Still interested to see if they can be pushed harder than the 350mW variant. From what I've independently heard, there is no reason to pick one over the other. I haven't seen any data to back that up though...

ixfd64

Are these lasers still single-mode?

I didn't see anything this in the spec sheets, but other diodes with similar specs are apparently all multi-mode.

Are these lasers still single-mode?

I didn't see anything this in the spec sheets, but other diodes with similar specs are apparently all multi-mode.
No, they're multi-mode but still have a pretty good beam profile.

I like the G8 and the A2GC has divergence about half of that of a M-140, well the spot/bar width is half that of a M-140 both with G8 and both focused to infinity, also A2GC can be overclocked to near 2W

I have a AA2G ordered, as it's listed for cutting I'm hoping it can be pushed harder with nearly the same divergence, will find out here soon.

ixfd64

A long time ago, everyone said that all 405 nm lasers are single-mode. It seems this no longer the case. Considering that single-mode operation is required for optical disc drives, these diodes are likely intended for projectors and such.

Sowee7

A long time ago, everyone said that all 405 nm lasers are single-mode. It seems this no longer the case. Considering that single-mode operation is required for optical disc drives, these diodes are likely intended for projectors and such.
but why would they need 405nm diodes for projectors, it would just bring the cost up

Yes, the A2GC was used in these laser displays which uses an array of lasers to stimulate phosphor instead of the electron guns used in now obsolete CRT televisions.

I'm tempted to buy this for the optics, looks like they bundle the beams and use a F-theta type lens to target the phospors, could be repurposed as a laser engraver ??

This is what's inside minus all the optics the seller has removed, 20 of the A2GC

I bought one of the single emitters he sells and the " G2 " style lens is acrylic ( no good for our higher outputs ) and the circularizing optic is nothing special, better off to just buy a new diode, I hope the AA2G is better, it's rated twice the output...well factory rated output.

kecked

That’s a cool idea. Take an old bw tv and break the tube open. Add galvos and one of these Uv lasers and make a fake crt. might be cool for an old school arcade game like tank.

Sowee7

That’s a cool idea. Take an old bw tv and break the tube open. Add galvos and one of these Uv lasers and make a fake crt. might be cool for an old school arcade game like tank.
Very cool idea! I might try this

Will the green ZnS:Cu fluoresce at diode laser wavelengths, though? I thought it'd only fluoresce at really short wavelengths.

I guess the easiest way to tell would be to carefully shine the diode in question on a CRT and see if it glows white or some other colour. If the glow is pink, orange, red, or purple, then the green phosphors aren't being excited properly.

kecked

Or fake it entirely and use gitd material spread thin on a glass plate

GITD is basically fluorescence with a really long decay time. If you were showing a moving image, a good GITD material would probably make the image too smeared and blurry, but maybe a really awful, cheap, GITD material would make the image look "artsy."

kecked

cheap znsulfide. You need some persistence since the galvos are so much slower. If you draw raster it will be bad. Needs to be vector. You could put a red/ir eraser behind it to. Have no idea. Try it.

I received my GH0406AA2G from sabzh21 on ebay and it peaks just over 2W @ 1.4A and there's no need to drive them any harder, by 1.6A it dropped to 1.9W, it appears to be a sister of the A2GC

I have ordered a recapped NUBM0E and hope it might be slightly better than the NUBM44 but we shall see.