Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

a New sharp 505nm 80mw diode?

Miya

Hello everyone

what is this diode?

This is the first diode i see. sharp 505nm 80mw.
The data sheet says 85mw. that is not NDE4116. just sharp diode
but there is no model name and no information.
Will this diode exceed 200mw output?

It's difficult to say for certain unless someone buys one. They ought to give the Sharp part number, but they only give you information that leads me to believe that it might be a something that we haven't seen before. It seems to be a single mode diode, but the case is neutral. The original 505nm diodes were like this, however. It may just be a new iteration of the same 505nm diodes we have already seen.

Miya

It's difficult to say for certain unless someone buys one. They ought to give the Sharp part number, but they only give you information that leads me to believe that it might be a something that we haven't seen before. It seems to be a single mode diode, but the case is neutral. The original 505nm diodes were like this, however. It may just be a new iteration of the same 505nm diodes we have already seen.

I found it!!! This diode is GH05080A2G.

Philipnzw

Yup, this is a new sharp diode. I've seen it on taobao for around a month now. Only thing stopping me from buying one is the price. Its almost 4 times the price of a regular sharp GH05035A2G. I didn't think much about it since i have a GH05035A2G at >100mW and 507nm.

I think there is a chance that it is a higher quality bin of the normal stuff. Perhaps it can be pused to 200mW while staying around 505nm? It would be amazing to have one since our peak night time sensitivity is around 500nm.

Snecho

+1
a.jpg
This guy keeps making accounts just to write one or two word "responses" on random threads... :rolleyes:

Reported.

Giannis_TDM

Yup, this is a new sharp diode. I've seen it on taobao for around a month now. Only thing stopping me from buying one is the price. Its almost 4 times the price of a regular sharp GH05035A2G. I didn't think much about it since i have a GH05035A2G at >100mW and 507nm.

I think there is a chance that it is a higher quality bin of the normal stuff. Perhaps it can be pused to 200mW while staying around 505nm? It would be amazing to have one since our peak night time sensitivity is around 500nm.
I see one on ebay for 30$ want a link?

Philipnzw

I see one on ebay for 30$ want a link?

I appreciate the link sourcing but the one i saw on taobao is actually already quite cheap, at 21usd only.
I'm a broke ass university student so i'm not really gonna buy it unless someone here shows that it can be pushed to 200mW while staying <510nm :LOL: