Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

a new laser community?

It looks like there is some big news going on over there at laser community. Check this out...

"Hi LC, my name is David Scott and I'm here to update you on the future of Laser Community. I'm very excited to head this project!

Laser Community is not just going to be a forum, we plan to turn Laser Community into a large web 2.0 platform filled with features similar to large social networks. Don’t know what web 2.0 is all about? Click here

The new LC will be managed independent of Wicked Lasers. That is, Wicked Lasers will have the same status as other laser companies on Laser Community. We’re here to serve our members and everyone is equal.

It’s quite difficult to explain exactly how the new LC will work but just to give you an idea, imagaine myspace meets facebook meets youtube meets flickr meets Digg meets wikipedia meets ebay and you combine all that into a single open laser forum. Yeah, lots of work ahead of us!

I’m going to keep this post short and sweet. If you have any specific questions post them in this thread. You can also PM me or email me at askdave@lasercommunity.com."

If you are not banned from that place, hahaha, here is a link http://www.lasercommunity.com/post189075.html#189075

It looks like Laser Community is no longer a Wicked Lasers only forum. what do you think about this?

even if they do something like this, it's not gonna last long when people start linking to DealExtreme

Executive advanced equivalent: $25
Pulsar 150 equivalent: $43

if you get my drift ::)

I've heard similar news from people I'd assume are 'in the know'. I'm not gunna write this off just yet - I used to be pretty active on LC, and if it could get back to how it used to be, I'd go back again. That said, I've been let down by WL in the past, so I'm not getting high hopes just yet!

Huh, they IP banned both my normal and my proxy. Didn't really deserve it either time.

Proxy time, they banned me because I was asking if I'd received the wrong laser model, because my Fusion was so underpowered. That doesn't deserve a ban at all.

Unless they can stop their stupid banning ways, I won't participate.

diachi

Wow maybe it will be more like LPF ..... nah no chance :p its too cool here

http://tinyurl.com/69yvro

There's the link unblocked by the forums censors, kryptonian you may want to swap links so the forum's censors don't send you to "the.com".

I'm with Amnizu on this one, I'll believe it when I see it. Even if LC does change, it most likely will still be more biased than here. If somehow they let you openly talk about all laser companies and laser forums freely, then I will go over there and sign up. Heck if that happened that placed would be less biased than here! ;D (You can't talk about other laser forums here, notice how every laser forum gets blocked out if you try to post it.)

Thanks for the shot abadcaffeinetrip. Sounds interesting.

Maybe I'll 'askdave' if he can unban my account. At least give me the option to look through this stuff if I want.

ixfd64

Ten bucks says that "Steve" will still ban anyone who criticizes Wicked Lasers.

I think that WL has finally realized what a massive bleed out has happened since most all the old-timers have left for boards like this.

I might go back if what they say ever does happen.

Unless... unless...

WL are doing a MASSIVE increase in the quality of their products, and dropping the price. And since they'll finally be competitive with other companies, they'll be happy to go public :)

Optimism ftw! :D

Yeah, and they'll change the BX to TEM00 and halve the beam diameter, drop the blu-rays price by 80%, put tungsten wiring in their Torch, put a damn driver in the Pulsar, make their lasers up to spec and stop damn saying that the Torch is the brightest torch on the market (it ain't) and that the Spyder II is the strongest handheld laser (it ain't)

Why? Well, that's fairly obvious. To try and salvage their dead forums.

I'm sure the plan is to build up a large community again, then promote WL very subtly, like subliminal advertising :D