Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A new kind of grafitti

T

timelord

I've seen it before but it's something that can never bore me :)

S

SenKat

That is awesome....it never bores me, I still love the way they were able to do the software, so that the writting "dripped" like it was real grafitti ! That is amazing !!!!!!!!!

I have tried this, built the prog on my own machine. Requires a bit of grunt to run, but sooo cool.
I saw it ages ago on graffitiresearchlab dotcom awesome site
just in case you dint get it, this is very leet. 31337.
woot woot boogie woogie woot woot

Daedal

I have seen this one before, and wondered about it... How fast must the galvo's be to support such large print and details? The effects are amazing! The laser is clear, and the projector is fascinating! This has got to be the best advertising technique ever if they really implement it... instead of an incoherent and inefficient projector, just use a laser scanner! :D It can be seen for miles too :cool:

--DDL

I see what you're saying. The farther the distance, the faster the laser must scan to stay within the persistence of vision.

Instead of trying to get insanely fast galvos to do this in "all laser" instead of with a video projector, why just not use multiple beams? If you get enough traces going at once, it should stay within persistence of vision.

Although, I know there's some honking huge three color laser TV projectors that are made in Asia that project video on cliff sides during concerts etc. To replicate full motion full color video is about as big a demand on galvo speed I can think of. So I guess there's stuff out there that's up to the task.

xgeek

But they are not using a laser to project the output. The laser is just a small green laser pen that is picked up by a camera and then software projects the image with a video projector. Where do fast galvo's come into this setup?

Things

as he ^ said, they just use a green pointer to "draw" on the building, and a video projector draws it out, no galvo's, scanners whatsoever ;D

Aseras

the laser is just the stylus. there's a webcam that's tracking the laser dot and a projector ( more like a movie theatre project than one of the dinky DLP units for presentations ) is drawing what the laser tracked.

I actually got started working on a small version of this and it worked great on the side of a building at work. sadly i don;t have video because it was in the dark times when my camera died.

Things

does anyone know that software they used? it would be fun to try, even on the side of our house :D ;D

xgeek said:
But they are not using a laser to project the output. The laser is just a small green laser pen that is picked up by a camera and then software projects the image with a video projector. Where do fast galvo's come into this setup?

He knew that, he was talking about what it would take to do it in all-laser.

Daedal

That did sound wrong didn't it? :-[

Well... I was only wondering if this can be done in all-laser form... that is... project an Ar laser beam for example... practically impossible though. The galvos would have to move at something ridiculous like 200k or something... ::) THAT would be cool!

Regardless... What they've got there is still eons ahead of what I've got... LOL ;D

--DDL

Laq

LOL, this movie is made i Holland, i live in the same city, about 10 minutes away from that building.
too bad i didn't see them do it IRL.
Would have been awesome to have a chat with those guys :D