Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A different kind of spiro...

i love this 360! i first saw it on you tube when i first started doing research on lasers. i would love to make something like this, it has some neat effects. anyway you can give a tutourial on how you made it, i was thinking there was some brushes you used, i never used them myself. at first i thought you had like five motors in there! anything to shed some light on the project would be greatly appreciated! and ill post what i can recreate!

KiLLrB

HOLY CRAP that is full of awesomeness!
jawdropper.gif

I'd hate to be in the path of that thing if it blew up! Laser burns blindness and cuts yikes!

As for the music:

Dancing%20smiley.gif

Last edited:
Somehow I only saw your green 360° Spiro before. Very glad this thread popped back up. Green was fabulous but nothing beats RGV in my book.

The song is clubbed to death from the matrix sound track. I am not going to help anyone replicate this, and it's just very, very difficult.

HIMNL9

Uhm, i'm just wondering about throw 500W of CO2 laser into it, and see what happens around ..... from rear a 10600nm shield, ofcourse, LOL

J/K, ofcourse :D

Regular polycarbonate will absorb/block 10,600nm (till it melts). Also most materials Don't reflect 10,600nm either.
I am not going to help anyone replicate this, and it's just very, very difficult.
Also potentially hazardous if it stops (or slows) pointing at you as I think you noted.

A hemisphere (half sphere) one would be safer as long as its kept above ones head & there is nothing to reflect off of. I would love to see it in the snow on a new moon night.

Last edited:

dnar

I looked up the term Ghetto on wikipedia. Your laser spyro is there!

Nice, I like it when people make something totally original.

+1 rep.

My vocabulary fails me at expressing how awesome this is.

Also for the safety mechanism, instead of sensing RPMs of the motors you could simply use a spring loaded gyroscope on the head that blocks off the beam if it comes to a stop. [centrifugal force pushes it outwards to open the path and the spring closes it back off if it stops spinning]

I looked up the term Ghetto on wikipedia. Your laser spyro is there!

Nice, I like it when people make something totally original.

+1 rep.
Really? Wikipedia? I didn't see it. Thanks for the comments btw. :yh:

Oh man, thank you so much for this Thred. I had a laughing fit. Aua, my belly still hurt. I start laughing when i saw the first Pictures with that glued mess, then i came to the picture with your construktion. That made me yelling. The Video was Top. Ih man, you are crazy. But in a very delightful way.
You are Leonardo da Vinci´s sick little Brother.

Again, thank you for your work !

Good on ya mate !