Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A-130 vs A-140 vs A-150 vs (insert future 445 diode)

Tabish

Just like the title says.

Anyone know if there is a difference between the diodes ?

Or are they the same diodes being fed different current or changing the number of diodes in the array in each projector.

Maybe someone who has both type of diodes can tell us if they spot a visual difference between the diodes or a difference in any markings on them?

PS:
I have been busy so I was just gonna sell of my stuff and buy a WL Arctic. But now with all these new diodes popping up, I might just build something.

Also, my favorite color is blue. Specifically the color these produce :)

daguin

They all appear to have the same diodes. However, they have been "binned" for output. The XJ-A150 is "out of production." Conjecture = They couldn't get enough arrays that "binned" at 3000 lumen.

Peaqce,
dave

Peaqce,
dave
Someone was typing a bit fast? :na:

The common belief is that the diodes are "binned" like LEDs are, and the part numbers for the arrays are different which would go some way to confirming this. There have been no high-resolution V-I-P plots to prove this conclusively yet. AFAIK the diodes look identical. I have a A-140 diode that I can take pictures of and will eventually get around to testing.