Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

9v iPower lithium polymer battery for BR

Has anyone used the iPower lithium polymer battery on a BRD? I like this battery for what I read so far, it is rated at 500 mAh, and the “professional” version is rated a 520 mAh. They will actually outperform a 9 volt alkaline battery in high drain applications. However I am asking the forum before I spend the bucks on them. I just don't want to take a chance on over powering the diodes and burn them up.

:thanks:
Tymtravler

Depends on what driver you decide to use, it will be ok for a rkcstr driver,ddl driver, but will not be ok for the flexdrive. It really is not worth the money for them, if I remember correctly they aren't rechargeable and cost so much more than regular alkalines.

diachi

Has anyone used the iPower lithium polymer battery on a BRD? I like this battery for what I read so far, it is rated at 500 mAh, and the “professional” version is rated a 520 mAh. They will actually outperform a 9 volt alkaline battery in high drain applications. However I am asking the forum before I spend the bucks on them. I just don't want to take a chance on over powering the diodes and burn them up.

:thanks:
Tymtravler

I can get 9V batteries ( Lithium ) with a capacity of 1500mAh or something around that.

Potatorage-the drivers I am using are rckstr drivers and the batteries are rechargable, thanks

Diachi-Where can you get 1500 mAh from?
Thanks again

Things

Lithium polymer batteries can be VERY dangerous, you need special charging equipment, low voltage dropout regulators, temperature shutoff's etc.

Unless you have a proper method of charging them and using them, I do not recommend using such reactive batteries.

Really Things, is it just the smaller batteries because Lots of people in airsoft and hobby planes use them. I do know about the dangers though! I never leave the room when charging batteries and I have a 100 dollar charger for my NIMH batteries, don't know how much Li Po chargers run for.

Having one that automatically cuts off is very nice

Things

Yes they are small, and perfect for lasers IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Last thing I would want to see is someone connecting it right up to any old plugpack, and seeing someones house burn down because of a lithium battery fire. If they blame it on the forum, LPF would not last long at all, as c0ld has already came very close to being sue'd, and was already about to shut it down.

Hey Things, the batteries have there own charge made by iPower that cost $35.00, with and auto shut off. These batteries are safe I have used them before with no trouble. They do last a long time on a single charge, as long as you charge them up to a full charge.

Well, if you already have the batteries, it's fine, they will be safe to use.

Things

If they have their own charger, than it's fine, I was making sure that other people don't read this and think the can just hook them up to any power supply and charge them.

I never do leave anything unattended. But your advice is a sound and safe suggestion.
Tymtravler