Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

908nm laser - how can I see it?

Trevor

You know the government is out to get you.

Yet you think they will listen to you when you bring up your concerns about a flawed system - especially when you seem to lack expertise in the field (like, a degree in engineering or photonics!).

You can't have it both ways.
huh.gif

You've got your info on how to see where the laser is hitting the pavement. Great.

Now go forth and gray the hairs of your local officials. Let me know how that goes for you.

-Trevor

Last edited:

The government isn't out to get people themselves.. Just their wallets. You'll probably notice that it's only since the economy tanked that these traffic cameras started spreading like wildfires.

Heck around here they don't even count against your license or anything. It's purely revenue generating. You can get ticketed by these things daily and the only bad thing that will happen is you'll start getting hassled by a third party collection agency if you don't pay them.

I've got the tag on my bike tucked so far underneath it no camera is ever going to get a usable picture of it.

Problem solved! I get to be a wreckless idiot and the government can't take my money!

Trevor

Eight months out of the year, I don't drive. Problem solved. ;)

-Trevor

"Now go forth and gray the hairs of your local officials. Let me know how that goes for you." There is only one problem with your statement. They also know these units are flawed. They have been trying to hide information that proves it, and they have been caught changing official documents, etc. I can even email you real official emails between these government officials citing these problems that I am speaking of..

I don't know if you are not understanding me.. Many cases have been won already, many judge are convinced already. Vehicles not able to run at 75mph have been issued citations for these speeds. How much information/evidence do you really need to be a little skeptical about these. For simple time and distance calculations one doesn't need a engineering degree, would you agree. Judges agree, however, you do not.

I am not saying the government is out to get you, don't get me wrong. Too many official in Maryland have been already arrested for corruption lately. If you had all the information I have (I am not talking about a chart or youtube video here, I am talking about official government documents), and you had some sense in you, you wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions that I am crazy about this.

I wasn't going to go there, but hey what the hack. I do in fact expert opinions about the problem with my ticket. The expert (this expert, has published many articles, and books on on this topic) that has been working with this specific laser unit, specifically said after viewing my photographs, "These are wrong, must be discarded" and just to be sure, he contacted the CEO of the company that makes these units, the CEO also tolds, us these are wrong, the evidence is wrong, this is not a ticket.

Trevor

Your signature should be "[citation needed]." It would save the effort of having to go through your posts for proper notation.

You've got your information. Do with it what you will. Or type up another long post. It's a nice break from debugging. :)

-Trevor