Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

90 degree laser line generator for water effect

Kvist

Hi there.

I'm a lighting designer, but also works with laser projectors for various projects using Medialas lasers and Pangolin software. However, I would like to buy my own laser for a very specific use.

I want to place a blue 90 degree line laser in each corner of an empty swimmingpool to create a water effect. I have looked into laser line generators, but they seem very expensive. I have also looked into line generating optics for handheld lasers, but they don't seem to work very well. The laser has to be powerful enough to create a good water effect, but still be safe for people to walk through the "water surface", without damaging their eyes.

I am very open to suggestions ;-)

Cheers Jakob

Fog and a line optic are your best bet. You will need fog no matter what in order to achieve this at a eye safe power. I'm not sure if adding the line optics will reduce the power across the whole line aince I've never LPM'd a laser with line optics in it. If you want to have your laser metered with the line optics just let me know and ill do it for free.

Kvist

@Livinloud, thanks for the offer but I live in Copenhagen, Denmark, which is pretty far away from Florida I'm afraid...

Fog/haze/smoke will definitely be used. But getting the beam right is my biggest concern. I don't know wether i should purchase a point laser + line optics, or to buy a line laser which seems far more expensive. I would be very grateful if you could post some links for laser equipment that I could use?

Cheers

FY, a line laser is just a normal laser pointer with line optics ;)

You should add your location to your profile so we know where you are at.

Yeah. Sounds like a green air cooled labby with a line generator would do the trick. Don't know much about line grating and the power output afterwards, but I would imaging a 20mw line spred over 10m would only equal or be less than 2mw/m

Kvist

Are there any companies out there, that sells powerful laser line generators?