Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

808nm "lethal" supply

dzrick

Thanks GSS !

Well, I've been a bit busy but here am I, this is something I am sketching right now, the resistor array has the wrong package, hence the spacing, also, I need to take care of those capacitors and the pot placement, I suspect I'm using the wrong measurements there (wrong package again... maybe). Regarding the fets and it's heat dissipation, I need to calculate it, but I'll most likely put a 12cm fan over the whole and the respective heatsinks with thermal thingy thing and call it a day. q-:p

I could also get creative and find a way to TEC cool it as I have some laying around... but I'm saving them for the laser!

Tell me what do you think...

Oh, I'm also working on the routing (first autorouted, now I need to thicken the traces and correct possible conflicts), but still, I need refine it:

And of course... the respective circuit! :)

It's a work in progress but I might start making some tests with dummy loads real soon..!

Regards,
Ricardo !

dzrick

So a rather quick post:

Here is the board ready... now all I have to do is machine it! :)

m3vuv

why use a smps psu,why not wind your own seconderys on an old microvave oven transformer?

dzrick

Hello!

Well, the answer is quite simple actually:
- Precision.

I will use this attached to a 12v and a 5v / 3.3v PC PSU, also with this I can control the voltage amount fed into the laser module whilst limiting the current.

Thanks for asking thou!