Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

808 nm high power diodes help.

I want to make a high power IR burning laser. [smiley=evil.gif]

I want it to be 500mw or up to 2w :eek:

Does anyone have some links to where I can buy diodes  that look like the ones in phr803T, link to 808nm safety glasses and a tutorial? :-?

Thanks for all the help :)

EDIT: the postive negative pin thingie too can somone give me a link to a guide on how to make a c-mount ir laser.

Switch

The phr diodes are 5.6mm cans , c-mounts are the ones with a hole in the middle.You can probably find them on ebay.
You can also find cheap goggles on ebay from time to time.Or more expensive, but high quality and certified goggles from here www.oemlasersystems.com/

Tutorial: connect diode to regulated power supply (billg made lots of c-mount IR lasers and he's been using the flashlight regulators on DX) , attach heatsink and collimating lens (I would think that the aixiz glass lens would work with the highpowered IR diodes. :D (hey, if you want everything handed out to you , you mind aswell buy the whole thing ::))

Kenom should have c-mount barrels coming out in the near future. These will make awesome hosts for c-mount experimenters. I use the DX regulators, because they are negative side, which is what we need for positive ground c-mount IR lasers. They can be stacked like a pile of coins in order to acheive the desired current. C-mounts are tough diodes and can take the use of these cheapie regulators. Do not use an output capacitor, these regulators often will not work if a cap is present. For close range burning, an aixiz glass or acrylic lens is fine. To get a beam, however, you would have to perform additional slow axis collimation. A single 18650 lithium battery will provide sufficient power for up to a 2W handheld. The toughest problem with handheld c-mount lasers for experimenters is the lack of anything resembling an "aixiz housing for c-mount". This means that you need access to a metal lathe and tooling to get anywhere. I'm not aware of a guide or how-to thread on c-mount laser construction. This is probably because only a few people own a lathe or have access to a machine shop, as well as machining skills. Hope this helped you a little bit.

no one really posts guides on hoe to make c-mounts. Most of the guides here are for pointers, most c-mount builds are labby style.