Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

800 mw red pointer

Not only that, 800mW is a strangely odd output figure for something of the red wavelength.. It's usually between 200 - 350mW, or 500mW/1W.

The sticker on it shows class IIIb 800 mw. But since I have purchased it in Bankok (MBK shopping center) that does not mean much.

When I get back to Canada, I will check with a ampmeter.

Sorry but I have a problem with acronym's. I guess TDR is a person or a company ? and ( num num num ) means ????.

Oh, I got the PM part i think it means a memo of some kind... maybe an Email.

Sincerely,

Jim

Sorry but I have a problem with acronym's. I guess TDR is a person or a company ? and ( num num num ) means ????.

Oh, I got the PM part i think it means a memo of some kind... maybe an Email.

Sincerely,

Jim

PM = Private-Message.

Lazerer ships to Canada too and they have an excellent 100mW Green Pointer for ~40 Bucks
I would try that ;)

Last edited:
Lazerer ships to Canada too and they have an excellent 100mW Green Pointer for ~40 Bucks
I would try that ;)
Canada only allows lasers under 5mW, but If Lazerer marks the description on the package as "flashlight" or "electronic part", It should get through customs no problem.

Last edited:
Canada only allows lasers under 5mW, but If Lazerer marks the description on the package as "flashlight" or "electronic part", It should get through customs no problem.

I received my 200mW with no trouble. I don't think they really care as long as it's not a weapon of mass destruction or... imported bacon!

I guess I will find out soon. I will fly back to Canada and declare that I bought souvenirs and gadgets to give around to my family and friends.

Thank you for the advice.