Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8/15 San Mateo (CA) - Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Just noticed in the paper today, 8/15 San Mateo County Fair (California, south of San Francisco) has a Free Concert with paid Entry.
(not sure if I will go, but it sounds cool! i still remember my first pink floyd laser show at the planetarium in Chapel Hill, NC about 20 something years ago!

Saturday, August 15. "Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular"

Saturday, August 15 | 7:30pm

After 23 years of touring, Paramount's Laser Spectacular has become a cult classic, presenting the music of Pink Floyd like you’ve never seen it before. Surrounded by 10,000 watts of concert quality sound, Pink Floyd’s musical legacy continues as the bands concept music captures the imagination and carries listeners away on a mind-expanding journey driven by cutting edge effects. Colorful lasers and lighting effects parallel the sonic journey as the senses are confronted with an array of glowing visual displays choreographed to the soundtrack during the show.

Visit the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular Website

Watch Live Performance Promotional Video

YouTube - The Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Following the show there will be a 75th Celebration Fireworks Show!

Damn sounds cool, I'm in san carlos with abolfazl, but I think I might have work.

The fair has deep fried twinkiessss :)

I just had some awesome Szechuan food in San Mateo on Saturday. Won't be able to get out that way this weekend though. Sounds like some good tunes with some great lasers.

I just checked out the video. looks pretty cool. I have a question,

The Morison planetarium In San Francisco used to host laserium shows. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc.. What the hell did they have or do. That made their show look 100 x better. Than what I just saw in the link provided by the OP.

Now yes I did see the laserium show while being high. This was years ago. But there were plenty of times, were I was completely sober.

Was it because it was displayed on a dome? Are their some new restriction put in place by the F.D.A.? I remember seeing so much more multi colored animations. not just one or two at a time, but many. Everything was so much bigger.

Is it because now I'm older and married. Am I just remembering happier times:confused:

seen plenty of shows at the

Laserium shows are a whole different level of laser show. I don't think that the OP's show was a Laserium show. Laserium is a trademarked brand of laser show and laser show experience.

I too saw the pink Floyd laser spectacular. It just isn't that great. That's why.

In Budapest they've got a planetarium where they are showing laser shows every evening. I saw the Queen version when I was there recently. Quite nice, but not as impressive as I'd have thought (the chairs were fiendishly uncomfortable) - maybe not enough smoke? For me, the show was too heavy on the animated vector graphics.

ZRTMWA

Can't say I've ever seen the laser spectacular in person but Pink Floyd is my favorite band by far. My avatar is the design that was featured on the inside of The Dark Side of The Moon LP. Too bad you didn't enjoy the show yobresal, if I enjoy their music and lasers alone imagine how happy it would make me to see them together. Tommorow night actually I plan on seeing "Several Species". Their a Pink Floyd cover band from B-More. It looks like they have some cool laser and fog effects going but I'm really mainly there for the music.