Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7A75 corrected w/3XBE

The G8 is better, it makes a tight spot like the 3E which is a little better than the G7 and passes more energy ( more efficient ) than the G7.
Sanwu likes to use a protective dust window that has the beam expander threads but behind the dust window is your lens, I believe it's M9x0.5
G8 with the 3X beam expander is a nice combo and you can focus with the beam expander to get a tighter spot at your desired distance.

Last edited:

Oh no, DTR's lens is better, it is in the standard M9 x 0.5 threaded barrel........now some of the sanwu lasers have a lens with a different thread count but the G7 sanwu sells in a M9 x 0.5 barrel.....actually they offer you the option IINM so if you have a Sanwu housing you will need the correct Sanwu lens/barrel but anything you are using a M9 x 0.5 barreled G7 in would benefit from a G8, the spot size is like the 3 element which is a little better than the G7.

Now something you can do is add the Sanwu 3X beam expander to your laser with a G8 lens by using the adaptor that comes with the beam expander.....well you pay 5 dollars for it when you order the beam expander and that will tighten your spot up a lot and you can focus with the beam expander.

Ah, good to know.. I like these Sanwu hosts in particular. One of the main reasons I like getting complete lasers from them is that they, aside from being super well made, also seem to be "upgradable" unlike Jetlaser, which are hermetically sealed and glued all up to hell,. If something wears out on a Sanwu, you can just get online and order parts or even upgrade things if you can do some soldering. Seems like a plug and go kind of thing with the lenses too. I'm guessing that I could order G8s from DTR and screw them into the lasers I have with G7s now, hypothetically speaking

Looks like the lens protection window ( dust window ) is threaded the same as the beam expander and the lens behind the window is likely M9x0.5 ...... but it could be different.
Also I don't know what they use to hold the lens setting so if you removed your dust window and lens then screw in the G8 and adjust to infinity I don't know if you would rely on friction or use a thread lock or if there is a threaded ring maybe ?? Our hobby lasers typically use a spring behind the lens to hold your adjustment, I don't know if the Sanwu has a spring or not as I have not bought any of their ready made lasers I prefer to make my own, not that I don't admire the sanwus they look good and I understand they are good quality.

Here's one with a nubm44 and a better design, it's large because it will have 2 x 44's pbs combined later with a wave plate so both beams are combined on the same plane.

SANY5058.JPG
SANY5061.JPG

Last edited: