Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

635 nm O-like

Long story short, who knows what diodes they use, and when. As of now, they're still selling the single-mode blue as an Opnext, even though Susie has reportedly told people it's really the Osram.

Fair point.

I am pleasantly surprised that they tested the laser before sending out to me... and are putting in a different ld as a result. It's a plus to o-like's credibility in my eyes.

I'm having a hell of a time digging up info on the o-like 635nm 5mW. Anybody know of any reviews or anything confirming wavelength or power output? Getting a christmas present for my cat. (and me :shhh: )

A unit is on the way. I'll measure power/wavelength/current/divergence and see if it has a driver.

Sweet, thanks! I'll be keeping an eye out for it ;-) As you were, folks, sorry for the threadjack.

Alright guys, quick update.

I'll post a more detailed o-like vs lazerer battle of the 635's review once my new micro sd card gets to me, and I can actually use my new camera.

Got the laser a little over a month after ordering.

Unsurprisingly it does use the 300mW mit$u diode.

Peaks and stable around 230mW.

For the price it's a great little 635nm laser. The fact that it's "waterproof" and can accept diffraction tips are both huge pluses. It also easily tail stands.

Couple things I really don't like though... the heatsinking is minimal in the extreme, and the driver inside it is completely unsupported. Only by the solder to the diode. Even a bit of padding would have been a nice touch.