Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5W eBay handheld

Hey dudes, Have noticed a lot of 5W lasers on eBay. Well I notice a lot of ads that claim to be 5w lasers! I'm extremely new to the laser scene and thought the wicked lasers Arctic 3.5W is the most powerful handheld laser? I have a 3.5 Arctic on the way and a laserBee 5W meter on the way also. I've bought a few other eBay lasers claiming 1.8w but God I can't wait to get the meter and test them. Also when I message and question the seller about the 5W lasers they say "have to confirm with supplier" and "yes friend laser 5W!". Another reason I'm thinking its bs is the price.. A 5w laser for 50quid shipped.. Can someone shed light on this for me and let me know there experiences. Thanks dudes :thanks:

diachi

Hey dudes, Have noticed a lot of 5W lasers on eBay. Well I notice a lot of ads that claim to be 5w lasers! I'm extremely new to the laser scene and thought the wicked lasers Arctic 3.5W is the most powerful handheld laser? I have a 3.5 Arctic on the way and a laserBee 5W meter on the way also. I've bought a few other eBay lasers claiming 1.8w but God I can't wait to get the meter and test them. Also when I message and question the seller about the 5W lasers they say "have to confirm with supplier" and "yes friend laser 5W!". Another reason I'm thinking its bs is the price.. A 5w laser for 50quid shipped.. Can someone shed light on this for me and let me know there experiences. Thanks dudes :thanks:

You can't get a 5W for that price yet - likely a generic ~1W laser - same as most of the cheap 445nm lasers on eBay these days.

You can get a real 5W here - but it's much more expensive - great quality product though: https://sites.google.com/site/hkfew5e22/Series/Spike

No, the Arctic isn't the most powerful handheld - just a marketing gimmick from Wicked Lasers - they make stuff up all the time. We're up to ~7W in handhelds now.

Your 1.8W might be 1.8W - only way to know is with an LPM. :beer:

Last edited:

Sta

You can't get a 5W for that price yet - likely a generic ~1W laser - same as most of the cheap 445nm lasers on eBay these days.

You can get a real 5W here - but it's much more expensive - great quality product though: https://sites.google.com/site/hkfew5e22/Series/Spike

No, the Arctic isn't the most powerful handheld - just a marketing gimmick from Wicked Lasers - they make stuff up all the time. We're up to ~7W in handhelds now.

Your 1.8W might be 1.8W - only way to know is with an LPM. :beer:

Agreed on all counts.

Also - please cancel your order with Wicked Lasers immediately. The laser will never arrive and when it does it will not work. You would do well to purchase from Sanwu, as diachi suggested (http://www.sanwulasers.com).

diachi

Agreed on all counts.

Also - please cancel your order with Wicked Lasers immediately. The laser will never arrive and when it does it will not work. You would do well to purchase from Sanwu, as diachi suggested (http://www.sanwulasers.com).

I don't know so much - the WL laser may well arrive just fine - perhaps if OP was in the states he'd have an issue but he's in Ireland. WL usually do deliver, it just takes forever sometimes. They are still sketchy IMO, don't get me wrong.

Sanwu is still the better choice by far! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys lads. Got the artic|||
3.5W today after 2 1/2 weeks. It's stunning I must say, and build quality is really nice.
Delighted with it. Also have a 5w sanwu spiker on the way now also

BobMc

Sanwu, also sells a bean expander, on that 5watt Sanwu it's real stunning! If you get one get the adapter also, that way you can use it on all your lasers. There well worth the 65.00. Enjoy��u

Last edited:

Benm

As you are new to the laser hobby, i would advice against buying a powerful 445 nm laser for serious money.

One thing to understand is that these are -multimode- diodes, and the output beam is not nice and round. By the time you hit something 100 meters away, the beam will project a thin line onto the target instead of a dot/circle/blob.

I'd consider buying a cheap low power 445 nm (like a 1 watt model) first to see what the beam is like. Personally i'd prefer 1 watt single mode over 7 watts multimode unless i needed it to set something quite neary on fire urgently.

As you are new to the laser hobby, i would advice against buying a powerful 445 nm laser for serious money.

One thing to understand is that these are -multimode- diodes, and the output beam is not nice and round. By the time you hit something 100 meters away, the beam will project a thin line onto the target instead of a dot/circle/blob.

I'd consider buying a cheap low power 445 nm (like a 1 watt model) first to see what the beam is like. Personally i'd prefer 1 watt single mode over 7 watts multimode unless i needed it to set something quite neary on fire urgently.

I understand exactly what you mean.,, problem is I have quite a few now already at this stage 🙈😂