Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW Leadlight - How Much Power Can I Push?

jayrob

I've got this 'Mighty Mini Laser' projector that I want to modify with a green laser...

1.jpg

The module is from a 5mW green Leadlight. I ordered an 808nm diode from Senkat that can be driven at 200mW's.

I am looking for advice on how much power I can put into this Leadlight without over saturating the crystals. It would be nice to get 30mW's or even 50mW's of green out of it.

Any advice on how much current to feed the new diode? What would be too much for the crystals?
Jay

I think the most someone got from one of these was about 20mw over at CPF

1. Putting a SenKat 808 in there will require some skills at laser allignment.
2. The SenKat diode has no feedback diode so you will need to control the pump current yourself.
3. Your crystal set may be saturated at present output and additional pump power may not give much additional output unless you find better crystal allignment.

Are you crystals over 1mm square? If not you may not get much more power and you may already have ~200 mW drive. How much current is the present pump drawing?

Mike

Jay --

I have 2 of these --- one has a 50 mW red. The other, I added a mirror and cut a hole in the case so my ArIon or 473 could be projected. I remoted the controls too !!

Mike

jayrob

Added a mirror? Cool... I'd like to see that! A mirror with another motor?
Jay

i have pot modded about 10 of these they usually get about 10 mw i have one that is 18 mw