Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW Blu-Ray Laser Pointer from DX - Detailed Review

Who the hell rated this thread as 1/5? And why the hell can't I rate any threads? "You have already rated this thread" WTH.

I get the same thing as well.

Great review, I'm going to order it in the near future.

I just got mine too, after shipping back some other package they mistakenly sent in its place (ironically worth more, but I didn't want it).

I was going to disassemble it to see how good the lens is compared to whatever else is out there. If you have a meter, do you think you can test the lens abilities? At $20 or whatever it was, a decent lens might be worth the price alone compared to the cost of other ones.

I don't think the DX referral link is that sneaky. As I've said before whenever this topic of DX referrals comes up, it's better to have someone receive free DX points than nobody. What would be sneaky and lame is if styro were a shill, and gave a false good review to gain those points. I don't see that here.

T_J - The people that have been "razzed" are the useless 10 post wonders who spam their referral link in hopes of getting free stuff. Styro is a contributing member, if he uses some of the points to buy and review more lasers, thus contributing to the community; I don't see anything wrong...

Well say I had my own referrals. Does his link change the cookie to accept his account and not mine?

Like I said I dont really care much. Ive just seen other people razzed for it. Do you want me to remove my posts on this thread?
I'm pretty sure the cookie is based on the last referral link that was clicked on, and it only lasts 30 days. Maybe not though, I'll have to read up on how their referral program works sometime.

There's no need for you to remove your posts, you stated your opinion which is fine.

Its not my opinion. I based it on what I've read before. I thought it was frowned upon.

Last edited:
I suppose both the referraled and non-referraled version could be provided so people can choose if they want to reward the person or not, but... it's probably a waste of time really.

Anyway, nice review regardless.

I dumped my posts, so if you guys want to remove your replies....then I'll dump this post too. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Styro,
Does the Diode have the same little retaining-ring that the 532-module use to hold in the diode? I really like this feature for heatsinking to this critical-area. May be worth buying, just to use the module for a high-power 405 pen-build.

It will be interesting to see how high this driver will go. I plan on building a 6X-pen soon.

I am not a big-fan of the Newish-style hosts, I would really like a CNI-style or my favorite, the all-black Leadlights like Atlas-nova sells for thier 532-pens. But the value of these parts alone is incredible.

Barry

I'm pretty sure it does, I don't have it taken apart so I can't look to see if it really does ATM but I'm pretty sure all NewWish modules are designed like that.