Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

594.1nm HeNe laser head GB

Not likely. According to the seller it's been like that for a long time. Most of the multimode tubes were made for projectors or similar, so they don't really care if they're there because they'll just be limited with an iris or something similar on the beam table and lost in the projector somewhere. They don't generally get them the same lookover as scientific tubes.

Sometimes cleaning time help get rid of them to some extent but they usually don't go all the way away. It likely either came from the factory that way or it's from old age.

Like I said, they're not particularly bad just annoying. It doesn't matter how rare the mirrors are really, the mirrors are internals of the tube they're not replaceable anyway

Last edited:

Remember, you can ALWAYS affix a spatial filter to remove annoying satellites. As far as laser problems go, they're the "my food is too hot" type of problem.

Which is why they're not usually considered a defect at the plant as long as they're not stopping too much of the power. Usually anything you install the tube in is going to end up having and optical system in front of it, to remove such things always anyway. Unless it specifically being used for an immediate pointer or something, The lab technicians arent going to care

Yeah they're quite nice. I don't think I ever posted my orange, just the old one that ended up breaking a long time ago. I think my yellow is about the same, like 4.5mW or something with a single weak satellite. I'd have to check. I haven't re-metered all of my lasers since I re-calibrated my sensor.

Fun watching this GB on the yellows, I've got two, so not looking. But both are 3mw or less. Nice seeing others interested in some of these gas lasers :)

Just to pipe in here. One of my yellows (one i bought from Sam) has a small satellite. As was mentioned already, I was told it was normal and not affect operation. It can be a little distracting, but not overly so.

But, ultimatekaiser, your orange is just slightly better than mine. I'm over 4mw on mine SL and very very clean. LHOR-0300 from Sam.

Last edited:
Yeah that's pretty impressive. The most powerful orange I've ever seen, was a custom Spectra-Physics 124 which was made modern with orange mirrors. It's about three quarters of the length of a Spectra physics 127 if you were looking to get a perspective of the length

Last edited:
Yeah that's pretty impressive. The most powerful orange I've ever seen, was a custom Spectra-Physics 124 which was made modern with orange mirrors. It's about three quarters of the length of a Spectra physics 127 if you were looking to get a perspective of the length

I was told I could put other mirrors in my SP127 and get other lines, but my feeling is if you start messing with something working, it may not be when finished.

Sounds like a nice round of yellows everyone got, and should be happy with.

Yeah the 127 is the same way but it's also so long that short of custom mirrors, youll likely never find mirrors that'll fit it. The 120 and 124 are smaller and therefore much easier to find mirrors that'll work. Problem is most of them don't work anymore. Finding working ones or ones that are not on their last legs is quite a challenge. I have a few, but I doubt I'd be able to sell them for anything you guys could or would want to afford :tinfoil:

Last edited:
Yeah the 127 is the same way but it's also so long that short of custom mirrors, youll likely never find mirrors that'll fit it. The 120 and 124 are smaller and therefore much easier to find mirrors that'll work. Problem is most of them don't work anymore. Finding working ones or ones that are not on their last legs is quite a challenge. I have a few, but I doubt I'd be able to sell them for anything you guys could or would want to afford :tinfoil:

Other problem is that even with the custom mirrors, it was my understanding that I probably have more power with the 612 or 594 purpose built ones, than I could get from the 127. And like you said, it wouldn't be cheap. :)

I'd love to see a working 125, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited:
That would depend on the mirrors/cavity you use :) if you use tuning prism I know it will do them, but weaker since there are high losses and it's not optimized, so yeah usually having a smaller sealed tube is more practical. But if you did have the appropriate sized cavity mirrors and stuff it probably would be more powerful. But the mirrors are not cheap at all. The 127 itself was only made to do red.

The 120 and especially the 124 were actually made to do all the lines. When you bought one from Spectra physics you could actually order the other sets of mirrors from them with the laser, and I believe there were a few 124's that were actually sold with tuning prisms installed at the HR end, but I've never seen one.

Sorry I've had this on the back burner a bit, but I'm hoping to get these in the mail by the end of the week. Seeking boxes that are monkey-proof :)

Boxes are packed, however I don't think I'll make it to the PO until Thursday due to lack of time. Should have tracking to you by Thursday, Friday likely at the latest, depending on motivation! :)

Thanks for the update and organizing this, I'll look forward to a package next week. :D
No fog for beam shots at my current location.

GR3EN

More or less forgot about these haha. Which reminds me I still wanted to find a lab supply for it.

And I forgot to say which one I wanted. :(
I think I want #3.
I've been debating whether I want 2. or 3. I think I want #3 because the visibility difference should me minimal and it is "healthier". I think I'd be happy with any of them:D.

Sending my shipping info now also...

Last edited:
Laser heads are starting their journey. was a bit more expensive than I imagined, though mostly because I didn't have as many boxes of the right size that I thought I had. Each is insured for $250 so if it arrives broken, however unlikely, then let me know. I've only had one break in the mail ever as of the time I'm writing this, and it was international mail. these are pretty well packed pretty well, but hopefully the shipping gorillas will not be too rough with them.

GR3EN

Laser heads are starting their journey. was a bit more expensive than I imagined, though mostly because I didn't have as many boxes of the right size that I thought I had. Each is insured for $250 so if it arrives broken, however unlikely, then let me know. I've only had one break in the mail ever as of the time I'm writing this, and it was international mail. these are pretty well packed pretty well, but hopefully the shipping gorillas will not be too rough with them.

Awesome can't wait to see which one I get.