Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

593.5nm pointers disappearing?

Yeah, you're right. I am just trying to balance somewhere between panic and well thought out concern. That being said, I honestly think CNI would (and should) have let you know if they were going to be unable to carry out the order. Along with that I don't think they would pass on the opportunity for a big sale like that, especially if they have set what seem to be rather fuzzy dates for this all to end.

I hear you. I really wanted to start saving my money instead of always spending it, but having a 561nm GLP pointer would be simply amazing!

Im planning to look for a job soon, so I can have that money as back-up :)

-Alex

jdawg

Is there even an visual difference between the 589 and 593? Last time I checked, the 50mw Spartan 589 was in stock and isn't more power better? :D

Is there even an visual difference between the 589 and 593? Last time I checked, the 50mw Spartan 589 was in stock and isn't more power better? :D

Most people won't notice a difference at all :p

589 is also a lot more stable when compared to 593.5, but I prefer the more "amber" look of my 593.5!!

-Alex

There's definitely a visible difference in the wavelength. Now, if you were to compare 593.5 and 594.1, well, that I'm not sure that most of the populace could tell apart.

jdawg

My question however, is the same as some people above. If I want a 589 at some point in the future (emphasis on the same), should I be in a hurry to place an order on the Spartan 50mw before it ceases to be manufactured?

My question however, is the same as some people above. If I want a 589 at some point in the future (emphasis on the same), should I be in a hurry to place an order on the Spartan 50mw before it ceases to be manufactured?

I would(if you have the funds to spare) of course. CNI has announced starting 2015 they will no longer be shipping/selling pointer or handhelds and the 589nm Spartan fits into the category of a handheld.

Awhile back Dragon Lasers announced they only had a few 589's left & when the stock was gone, they would no longer be selling 589. Come to be this was a marketing tactic since right after the stock was gone, they sold a new batch. Now since Dragon Lasers gets their 589 from CNI, and CNI won't be supplying them anymore, I would hurry before they are gone for real!

-Alex

It should be noted that the "high performing" DL589's are all sold, and all that is available now are "on spec" units, like what Atomicrox got. Instead of doing 90-120mW peak, they now peak around 50mW, and average around 35mW.