Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

589nm vs. 593.5nm Pointers?

so your incoming Aquarius going to be pulse? i wonder if we can notice the laser flickering...

Nice. I ordered a spartan around a month ago and it's become my favorite star pointing laser. It has really tight divergence and puts out a fine beam of sparkling gold reaching out into the sky. What I notice is that it starts out pretty weak when the laser is cold, and then the output ramps up as the laser gets warm. At max power it will slowly melt into black plastic and pop balloons, although burning really isn't the appeal of something like this.

That is actually very encouraging! Deep down I know that DPSS/SFG is the most temperature sensitive process out there, but at the same time, if it was weak because it's cold, I'd probably have freaked a bit lol

Wow, amazing! Do you still have the old box with "Aquarius" written on it? The ones they ship out now just say LaserGlow Technologies on them :(

-Alex

I'll put it this way... I never intentionally got rid of it lol. I'm sure it's still around here somewhere, likely in my storage unit. If my life depended on finding it by tomorrow afternoon, I'd make sure my will was in order. ;) That being said, if I ever move again, I'm sure it'll turn up.

so your incoming Aquarius going to be pulse? i wonder if we can notice the laser flickering...

You can only notice it if you wave it around really quickly. If you're using it as, say, a laser pointer in a presentation, it wouldn't really be noticable. If you're viewing the laser dot when it's not moving, you can't tell its pulsed.

473vs405b.jpg

Pman

That's a great pic showing the pulse and color. I wonder how they decided on 700hz? Would like to know the story behind that.
If anyone ever has something like this that is dead contact me as I would love to remove the guts and build something like I did with this one:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/special-cni-plp520b1-pen-build-96442.html

CNI and some of the other places must have empty hosts but I don't think they would sell one. As mentioned in another thread if anyone contacts them ask the question for me please:)
There has to be returned broken units that they get back that they probably chuck. Kills me to think about it!