Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

589nm Arrived. A Few Pics.

Well, the colour temperature of SOX - low pressure sodium, a pure 589nm spectral emission just like these lasers - is 1800k. Most cameras go down but nowhere near that far, but that's ok because you don't want to turn the beam white. Set the WB to between 2200-2500 K and it will look a lot better.

Last edited:

GR3EN

Well, the colour temperature of SOX - low pressure sodium, a pure 589nm spectral emission just like these lasers - is 1800k. Most cameras go down but nowhere near that far, but that's ok because you don't want to turn the beam white. Set the WB to between 2200-2500 K and it will look a lot better.

Tomorrow is my day off this week so I will have time to sit down and mess with setting. So will try around those settings. Thanks for the advice.

GR3EN

2nv6k4w.jpg

wrfe6s.jpg

2mouro8.jpg

23lcxft.jpg

Still working on getting the balance right.

20rmwdz.jpg

Nailed it?

Also don't have a tripod so making best with ledges and steady hands

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on a price quote from CNI for the 100mW 589. Out of curiosity could you tell me how much you paid please?

Sorry I missed your question. The final group by price was just under $600 USD and by the time shipping/insurance to both the GB organizer and myself, PP fees, etc it was a bit north of 700 IIRC. The worst part was waiting 9 days for it to clear customs at JFK's international mail processing facility. Talk about sweating bullets.

The laser is rated for 80mw but normally does between 100-120 after it warms up or at least it did the last time I measured it.