Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

561nm Yellow YAG (?) from Lumenis Varia Eye Laser

I like it, just don't know if I would ever use it.

Here's what is being delivered later today, at home:

Now I have parts to use the first one as a lab laser, the other one to build something in a portable out of, or, at least, try.

I like it, just don't know if I would ever use it.

Here's what is being delivered later today, at home:

Now I have parts to use the first one as a lab laser, the other one to build something in a portable out of, or, at least, try.

What do you know about this assembly, Chris? It's definitely different than the other one. Did you get a good deal on it?

Got it for $200 less than the first one I bought. There are some very minor differences, nothing which changes the cavity or any of the main parts or layout.

Okay. I see it now. So you have two of these assemblies now. Fantastic. And kudos on the price on this new one. Are the optical fibers and wire harnesses cut the same way as the first one? Can't tell from the photo. It would be awesome if this one is intact.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
How many more are you thinking of getting Alaskan? :whistle:
At least you have a lot of parts in your collection. What does your wife think of the second one? :p

Neither of these came with optical cables :) don't need them.

Edit: I see what happened, this is the one you were thinking about: Link: http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/what-thread-unidentified-laser-optic-goodies-98755-2.html

That one has cut fiber cables and is much different than this Lumenis eye surgery laser. Yes, I'm getting too many pots on the back burner now.

Yeah, I had that in mind when I asked about the cables. You do have a lot of these different assemblies, and are not able to do anything with until you get home. That would surely frustrate me. :evil:

Yea, I had decided to stop buying more laser stuff until this 2nd unit showed up. Wife isn't complaining, yet. Too many projects waiting now and can't play with my toys yet :(

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I know. I couldn't bare having these in my collection and not being around to use them. It's like be impatient for a delivery, but your the one taking a long time to be delivered. :p
I think your wife is just happy you are ok for now. She'll worry when the lasers stop arriving. :whistle: :D

Last edited:
I have to admit, I am surprised my wife hasn't made a single hint of a complaint about my goodies, might have something to do with buying that apartment in Odessa, Ukraine I posted about some time ago. Now to spend another 25K on the interior, that's why I'm still out here, trying to pay for a retirement home. My next job, I hope, at least is the plan, is to be a radio officer on a merchant ship three months on, three months off. Doing that I can live where ever I want.

So, is Seattle out of the question now? I was hoping you would move there and work for Boeing.

Boeing offered me a job, but I didn't think 70K was enough to live there or in that area as the sole income earner. They probably are miffed at me because I accepted the job, waiting to see if this gig working overseas would come through, and then called them up to cancel on the job offer a week before I was to show. Normally I wouldn't do that, would be good for my word if accepting a job offer, but I did that in the past once before and was screwed royally when the employer didn't live up to their earning agreement, I should have bailed on them early. Mostly, I wanted to work over seas to make some quick earnings, but also just as important, if I didn't reactivate my DoD security clearance within a month of hiring for this job, it would have expired and difficult to get someone to hire me without one out here again.