Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

561nm Laser Pointer Presenter Received from Lasence

julianthedragon

I'm pleased to share that today I received one of Lasence's 561nm <5mw presentation pointers, confirming that it is in fact now possible to ship this item to the US. 😁 I first ordered a unit last summer and it was halted by Chinese customs, but Lara of Lasence recently informed me that they found an agent to ship lithium battery products, so we gave it another shot.

Although the product is ostensibly in testing stage (based on limited no. of units and my discourse with Lara), it leaves a fantastic first impression. The product itself is sleek and futuristic-feeling, the powerpoint functionality is quick and seamless, with impressive range, and of course the laser output. It's pulsed 561nm dpss with a small gaussian/near-gaussian profile, like a tiny yellow-green sun. I have not tested output power but <5mw is certainly believable, even if the color pops due to its proximity to the 555nm peak in wavelength visibility. It seems relatively stable so far, in dry room-temperature conditions.

It has loads of cool features packed into a small package that make me very excited to use it as a one-of-a-kind presentation tool. I can detail those non-laser-related features further in the replies if interest is there.

Major thanks to Lara Sui for making this happen and keeping me in the loop on 561nm diodes and pointers throughout the past year.

lasence.jpg
lasence2.jpg

18LJ

How much was it. Never bought anything off Alibaba but I remember seeing those listed for dirt cheap but never bothered after reading folks bought some of the 575nm but a few never had them shipped and sounded like they were getting the run around

julianthedragon

How much was it. Never bought anything off Alibaba but I remember seeing those listed for dirt cheap but never bothered after reading folks bought some of the 575nm but a few never had them shipped and sounded like they were getting the run around
$120 + $20 shipping. 575nm is harder to get your hands on but Lasence shouldn't be taking people's money and running with it--when my initial order couldn't be fulfilled they immediately took me through the refund process. If it was another shop on albibaba then, 🤷‍♂️
I would be interested to see the exact wavelength of these.
These new green-yellow lasers seem to be fairly variable on wavelength.
I was wondering the same. Would need to find a spectrometer

kecked

The company with the 575nm was opt not lasence and it was not the opt in Europe. It was opt in China. They vanished. Lasence is legit and a good company.

Sowee7

The company with the 575nm was opt not lasence and it was not the opt in Europe. It was opt in China. They vanished. Lasence is legit and a good company.
OPT hasn't vanished, they sell 558nm modules. if you ask them enough, they may sell you a 565nm module.

Yes, OPT Laser is still around. I just received this email from them like a week and a half ago. 😆

1660590566585.png

kecked

Well they stopped responding to me about fixing my 575nm laser with blown pump. I shipped it back to them and the claimed it was not made by them and that was that.

Well they stopped responding to me about fixing my 575nm laser with blown pump. I shipped it back to them and the claimed it was not made by them and that was that.

Sorry to hear that your laser blew the pump diode. If you can't change it yourself I doubt there is anything else you can do. Thankfully mine is still working well

Sowee7

Sorry to hear that your laser blew the pump diode. If you can't change it yourself I doubt there is anything else you can do. Thankfully mine is still working well
The pumps in those 57xnm modules are very sensitive and can randomly break for no reason

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That’s dodgy customer service. I know to avoid Opt lasers then. It is possible that they overdrive the pumps? IR diodes are not usually that electronically sensitive.

Julian. That is such a good price on a 561 +/-5nm pointer. I was worried about that internal battery myself

Sowee7

That’s dodgy customer service. I know to avoid Opt lasers then. It is possible that they overdrive the pumps? IR diodes are not usually that electronically sensitive.

Julian. That is such a good price on a 561 +/-5nm pointer. I was worried about that internal battery myself
I'm pretty sure they the diodes are overdriven to output higher powers and to keep the cost low