Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

525nm 1.2W Sanwu Striker Saber doesn't turn on anymore

Elyekim

The battery alignment puzzled me when I first got it, but figured it out and got it to work flawlessly. It was working fine yesterday, and decided i'd charge up the two Tuopeng 3000mAh 18650 3.7V lithium ion batteries in my dual charger (everything was bought from sanwu). I put it on the charger before I went to work and when I came back a couple hours later when I was on my break to get something I took them off the charger. Realizing I probably shouldn't leave them charging for too long. The lights indicated they were charged so I put them on my desk. When I came home many hours later, i'm still trying to figure out why it wont turn on. Everything is assembled, and I think I tried every combination of battery positions I could think of... it wont turn on.

When I was using the laser last night I noticed it got a little hot and actually turned off by itself. I thought it was just an auto-duty cycle maybe. If the laser gets a little warm I keep it off for a little bit. I turned it on again and it took maybe 15 seconds until it shut itself off again. I decided to let it rest for the rest of the night and I thought I might as well just charge the batteries too.

Anyone know what the issue is?

It could be any number of problems, but since you just got it you should be able to contact Sanwu and get them involved. Do you have a DMM that you can use to measure the voltage on your batteries? I would start there as a bad cell could cause this. Podo is the user name of the Sanwu rep here on the LPF. You can message him.

Elyekim

A digital multimeter? One of those things with the red and the black prongs? I have one of those, but I don't know how to work it. I'll shoot an e-mail to Sanwulasers to see if they can tell me anything else.

MYB its just me..
I NEVER try reversing batts IF I know I have them in correctly( & I do cuz my tailcaps are all labeled)-- a full understanding of reverse polarity protection takes some study.
Some protect the diode more than the driver.. (the less expensive part to replace) or that is what I was told.
I NEVER run any handhelds longer than I need or once very warm to the touch. .. ANd anytime any laser 'turns its self off'.... bad sign.... very bad sign.. One reason we own so many is being able to treat them well and never too much duty w/o rest. Even Sanwu and Jetlasers--

Most DMMs come with basic instructions on uses.. READ! or tutorials on ytube( I did that so..)

Spend the extra $$$ and get a 'smart' batt charger-- Nitecore $10

Li-Ions has very dangerous even when you use good brands- (first death just happened)
Those that 'come- with- free' are rarely good brands and same with 'free chargers'--all junk!!!
using a free batt. & cheap charger is inviting a fire or worse.
BAD Combo- crap batts and cheap charger ( that gets left on too long)

do you want your package opened an inspected AND have the batts there???
duh!

It is impossible to say for certain, but I would not look to the diode for this problem. If you have proven the batteries are not your problem, then I would next look at the driver. If you intend to troubleshoot this yourself, you will need to replace the batteries first and then proceed.

If you do not provide pictures, we are hard to help you, please provide pictures about battery, charger and laser

I took pictures but I can’t upload them from my iPhone XR. The site is saying that the uploaded file is too large. The charger and batteries are from Sanwu, I included them in my purchase.

Please wait for Sanwu's warranty, or you can send them to my Facebook, I think can help you know the reason.
my facebook is

Elyekim

Please wait for Sanwu's warranty, or you can send them to my Facebook, I think can help you know the reason.
my facebook is
I sent you four pictures

Elyekim

Problem has been resolved thanks to trinh hong phuoc, thank you for your help! :)

One of the batteries was bad, so I will be ordering a new pair from Samsung. Glad it wasn't the laser itself.

Lithium Ion Wholesale is where I get batteries these days. There are too many counterfeit or rewrapped cells. I'm a vaper who uses predominately mechanical devices and battery authenticity is of extreme importance! Never had an issue with this supplier, they ship fast and prices are good. I'd never buy batteries from ebay or even Amazon for that reason. There have been cases where vape shops have gotten fake batteries and they didn't even know it! With a laser/torch, etc. it's more of an inconvenience. A venting cell inside a tube near your face, OTOH, is a completely different thing altogether!

Here is your PROBLEM...

'When I was using the laser last night I noticed it got a little hot and actually turned off by itself. I thought it was just an auto-duty cycle maybe. If the laser gets a little warm I keep it off for a little bit. I turned it on again and it took maybe 15 seconds until it shut itself off again. I decided to let it rest for the rest of the night and I thought I might as well just charge the batteries too. '

Where did you get your info on duty/rest cycles??
With exception MYB a few lasers(Gas Argon) AFAIK anytime they shut themselves down-- AND then shut down a second time.. enjoy your new host.. you may be able to use the diode or driver again-- I am never that lucky. I necro here because WAY too many are abusing their lasers- some sending back w/o being honest (afaik ANY abuse is not covered in any warranty. )
And that is a con-- not allowed at LPF and higher costs effect us all.

If you harm your laser... be a MAN and own your mistakes-- learn good from that.. NOT bad --like conning again and again-- we ALL pay for that BS..

I commend the OP for being honest here. you will not regret that....shows class even when it was a mistake..

= rep when sys allows

just a heads up --if you have never mailed anything to China-- you already know this.. they make you fill out 3 or 4 forms- They have very long addresses-- and not much space to write in-- THEN what do you put for contents and value..??

If I were to ship any laser to Podo I would ask *him* for ALL instructions on that.. AND the choice of carrier changes a lot.
Some times ...over time. some get better or not. Some use one for sending and a diff for returns.. hmmm?

BUT if you follow your supplier's instructions (all)

.. I feel there is always some 'politics' involved== Like having on the payroll, a person who also works for a major shipper.. His other side job could be to deliver from maker to the local shipper for processing BUT at that point the label is made-barcode to your door.

so the box is sealed .. likely happens where they are made or not.

GOOD OLD red laser does the code scan (way to go red!!) and it all scanners to your local office.. worried about porch bandits???- --any carrier can arrange to hold for you to cone get.

BTW good advice from brother jeff- NEVER allow anyone to send batts from elsewhere (from outside CONUS) even FREE. You have to be firm or they will just send w/ the illegal batts. anyway.

and its very foolish to send/ get lasers in same package as batts... (across borders)

IF IT GETS INSPECTED (RANDOMS DO HAPPEN) once open --' hmmm ==lookyhere--some kinda fancy lite--lets put in these batts and try her out!'

cannot get better from that point.

Within CONUS USPS is not a big problem (but not permitted) and---however totally legal via FedX (min $hip is $~8) (any Li-Ions)

@ jeff
you got that right-- worst possible quality.
I always say-- 'you get what you dont pay for!" OR they are worth every penny you did not pay (or worse)

IT it were me and JL I would be honest-- ask about possible fix and if Podo is like I think he is.. even with $$$ Sanwu is the first choice for repairs. might only ask for parts and return ship--

(about that -- the free $hipping from China to USA is NEVER express--too bad we don't get the same deal--(btw King Donny wants to undo the deal on free $hipping- small items to USA..

but since it is broken I would put very low value and contents is 'Broken light For Repair' value 3$usd and unless you are in a big hurry send it NOT express.. cheaper ..going back to me I still would want $$ express for getting my broken laser fixed.. OK?

good luck and follow Podos instructions even if they differ from mine..

hak