Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW Green from MegaLaserUK

Aqueo

MegaLaserUK - the site with mixed reviews just about everywhere though most are unclear. Hopefully this will be clear :)

To get the bad points out of the way:
I ordered it on wednesday night, about 9pm BST. I payed with credit card and I immediatly noticed 2 things: the first that it didn't confirm the price before it took my money, and the second that the confirmation e-mail didn't appear in my inbox. Argh!

That being said it does say it may take up to 24 hours, and about thursday morning I received an e-mail from luke. It was a generic e-mail letting me know it had been received, but no specification about what was ordered or how long it might take or the price.

Despite the uncertainty, this was as bad as it got. On friday I came home to be in the possession of a lovely laser! It took 2 nights and said it was first class signed for, but I didn't have to sign for it (though it fit through my letter box).

As for the actual laser itself:
-On the website it doesn't mention an IR filter. Take what you want from that.
-The dot is amazingly bright, and at about 3.5 meters the dot is about 1.5cm.
-The beam, from the angle of the laser holder, can be seen faintly in a well lit room.
-In daytime it made a crow fly out of a tree and made a pack of birds fly a different course
-It had been raining earlier so the clouds were fairly low, but I could extremely clearly see the dot on the clouds. Unfortunately everywhere had cloud cover so I could not see the beam go further.
-The beam is extremely bright at night.
-The laser says "<50mw" on the sticker

Pictures below and beam shots to come :)

Attachments

• DSC02105_resized.jpg
    DSC02105_resized.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC02107_resized.jpg
    DSC02107_resized.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 448
  • DSC02110_resized.jpg
    DSC02110_resized.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC02111_resized.jpg
    DSC02111_resized.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:

Do you mean Megalaser or Megagreen? Can you supply a URL ?

MegaLaserUK - the site with mixed reviews just about everywhere though most are unclear. Hopefully this will be clear :)

To get the bad points out of the way:
I ordered it on wednesday night, about 9pm BST. I payed with credit card and I immediatly noticed 2 things: the first that it didn't confirm the price before it took my money, and the second that the confirmation e-mail didn't appear in my inbox. Argh!

That being said it does say it may take up to 24 hours, and about thursday morning I received an e-mail from luke. It was a generic e-mail letting me know it had been received, but no specification about what was ordered or how long it might take or the price.

Despite the uncertainty, this was as bad as it got. On friday I came home to be in the possession of a lovely laser! It took 2 nights and said it was first class signed for, but I didn't have to sign for it (though it fit through my letter box).

As for the actual laser itself:
-On the website it doesn't mention an IR filter. Take what you want from that.
-The dot is amazingly bright, and at about 3.5 meters the dot is about 1.5cm.
-The beam, from the angle of the laser holder, can be seen faintly in a well lit room.
-In daytime it made a crow fly out of a tree and made a pack of birds fly a different course
-It had been raining earlier so the clouds were fairly low, but I could extremely clearly see the dot on the clouds. Unfortunately everywhere had cloud cover so I could not see the beam go further.
-The beam is extremely bright at night.
-The laser says "<50mw" on the sticker

Pictures below and beam shots to come :)

I suspect Aqueo's figure is just a guestimate based on the apparent beam spot width when viewed without goggles.

Either that or his laser has terrible divergence !

it appears to be about 1.5cm in a bright room, i'm not wearing googles and perhaps it's crap, perhaps it's fine. Check the pictures to see.

It is impossible to measure beam width accurately without goggles. My 50mw green appears 3 to 4mm wide when viewed with the naked eye, but is only 1 to 1.5mm when viewed through goggles.

The background surface also makes a difference. I find black is generally preferable.

Aqueo

on certain black surfaces it the dot (again without goggles) looks to be about 3mm.

RobP

I purchased a 50mw laser from Megalseruk on 25/08/15 it arrived a few days later,so initially very impressed with service, however the unit failed on the first evenings use, so returned for replacement and had to pay £4-40 P&P The replacement unit arrived about 10 days later and was of appalling quality. The beam was barely focused and diverged quite considerably. After contacting their customer service, I returned the second faulty item for a full refund. They refused to admit that the items were at fault and refused to refund any postage and packing. My conclusion is that this company are nothing but a bunch of charlatans and con artists. I would strongly recommend that you don not purchase anything from them under any circumstances.

diachi

I purchased a 50mw laser from Megalseruk on 25/08/15 it arrived a few days later,so initially very impressed with service, however the unit failed on the first evenings use, so returned for replacement and had to pay £4-40 P&P The replacement unit arrived about 10 days later and was of appalling quality. The beam was barely focused and diverged quite considerably. After contacting their customer service, I returned the second faulty item for a full refund. They refused to admit that the items were at fault and refused to refund any postage and packing. My conclusion is that this company are nothing but a bunch of charlatans and con artists. I would strongly recommend that you don not purchase anything from them under any circumstances.

This thread was ~6 years old - you should avoid bringing back old threads in future and start a new thread. Sorry to hear about your misfortune though.

Perhaps you'd be better trying somewhere like LaserBTB.