Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mw Green Amazon laser.

I will Probably get the one you linked but it looks like any other Chinese laser what makes it different, and are the like pre pod modded?

Ohh and would you say that any laser from Rayfoss is good?

And what is a the difference between >50mW and <50mw

Arshus

To my knowledge IQS' lasers are not pot modded. From what I hear rayfoss is very good. But it will take 3 weeks to get an order from them usually.

>50mW means the laser's output is at least 50mW. <50mW means the laser's output peaks at 50mW.

For more information about that ebay seller, go here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/super-beast-green-58383.html

Those are the many people that ordered and reviewed their products.

-Sal

Last edited:

Arshus

Yup. If you don't mind the wait, rayfoss or O-Like are even higher quality, but usually more expensive. O-Like is probably a little bit better than rayfoss in my opinion.

-Sal

Arshus

The one from IQS doesn't. O-like lasers all come with batteries and chargers.

MojoLA

Excellent review. 11 bucks?

Wow this sure is an easy crowd to please. I know I sound like an ass saying this, but an "excellent" review would at least have a picture of the laser, some specs, tell us what sort of batteries it takes, how long they last, how long you can keep it on before it gets hot, what kind of on switch it has (momentary or "hold it down"), etc.

This review doesn't even tell us who makes the laser!! Amazon sells it, but what company made it? Sorry, but an "excellent" review would cover at least a few basics, pardon me for being the spoil sport to point this out.

This review only tells us its 50mw and cost $11 on Amazon. It's more like an announcement than a review. Honestly my point in writing this is I know people are excited about getting their first laser and want to share that excitement with the world, I'm just suggesting that people channel that excitement into a more thorough review - what would YOU want to know if YOU were thinking about buying the laser this guy is reviewing?

Cheap green lasers are a dime a dozen and because a lot of people on this site are primarily interested in the cheapest laser they can get that can set a dog on fire this site has a bajillion "reviews" of cheap green lasers.

If someone is going to review one it would be nice to know if there is actually anything about THIS generic cheap green laser that sets it apart from the rest.

Actually, come to think of it, the review section here would be a LOT less cluttered if reviews of cheap green lasers had there own section

Last edited:

Arshus

I agree with you to the extent that I think there should be more science on this forum.

Hey, guys I just got some money. I now have around $80 dollars on pay pal to buy a good laser with. I want to get it from a good and trusted site like: O-like-Dragon lasers-Wicked lasers. What is the best brand and best quality laser for around $80. I want a green one that will laser a life time with a great quality and stays bright for ever lol:)

I really want one that take AAA or AA so I can buy rechargeables.

Thank you, for any help

come to think or it all spend $100 as long as its a Really good quality. I would rather have a really good quality 30mw that stays 30mw and works a lifetime then a 100mw that works a year.

p.s I'm Only 16 so $100 on paypal is allot for me so don't laugh because I know many of you spend hundreds on them.

Last edited:
Thanks this is a nice one but how much is it to buy and extra battery and how long does one charge last. And can these battery be left charging while I'm at school. And do I need glasses while using this one? and it looks like the cheap ones found at DinoDirect.com how is it any different in terms of quality? If you can answer all these I will be very happen.

Thank you for your time.
:))))

Arshus

I heard Wicked lasers are the best is that true?

Not at all, In fact they are not even close. The best lasers are here: cnilasers.com, or Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers.

They're expensive but you get what you pay for. In reference to your other questions, Its generally not a good idea to leave lithium batteries to change by themselves, as they are volitile and could leak or start a fire. You can buy extra batteries at Fenix Flashlights, Cree LED, Lithium Batteries, Lithium Ion Batteries, Li-Ion Chargers, Leatherman Multitools, Spyderco Knives and more! or Welcome to Thomas Distributing - Rechargeable Batteries - Battery Chargers - Digital Camera Accessories Top Brands.

You do need glasses for any lasers over ~30mW (some more conservative users may disagree) in my opinion.

And lastly, do not order from Dinodirect, they are low quality, take forever and have very bad customer service.

Hope this helps,

Sal

MojoLA

You should buy a used laser from someone here in the buy/sell/trade forum. You'll get a lot more for your money plus the peace of mind that the laser has been tested out for a while!

Laser fans get addicted and are always wanting to buy something new and more powerful; that means they are always trying to sell their old ones! Your $100 will probably get a laser that someone paid $200 for last year :)

It's a win-win: you get a tested laser worth a lot more than $100 and a forum member gets to put your money towards buying something new.

Just make sure you buy from one of the regulars who has a lot of posts. I bought my first high power laser - a 180w green that was worth $200 for only $75 from someone here on the forum. Go take a look, you'll see plenty to choose from.

Also, some of the forum members here build brand new lasers to sell to other forum members, they are usually very well made, powerful and cost less than buying one from a big company (if you save up a little more, for $180 you can get one of the most powerful, well made lasers of all time by a user named Yorbesal - check it out)!