Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mw flashlight budgetgadgets.com

IMHO, that host would make a GREAT host for a 50mW or higher laser. If it's like the one I have, the entire host is solid brass, which makes for the entire host being a heatsink. As long as the module is making very good contact with the host, your heat sinking properties should be excellent. rob

Personally, i despise cr2 batteries....18650 FTW!

You may also find them troublesome, 18650 seem to be the only relatively stable Chinese rechargeable. I suppose if you are into buying primaries then this laser is good for you.

I just bought one of these and I think you will love it. Can't find any good rechargeable for it though and cr2 batteries are quite confusing......

For the cost though, good laser.

Baser

anyone know how to disassemble this laser? i want to get to the lens to clean it

The best &/or easiest way to clean the lens on that laser, is to use a BLOW BULB, or compressed air, or take a Q-Tips, remove enough of the cotton for it to fit the aperture, & use that to apply (sparingly), some AR lens cleaning fluid. Then, using the other side of the cotton swab, pull most or all of the cotton off, & use it to GENTLY push a corner of a MICRO-FIBER cloth in the aperture to dry the lens. I found a GENTLE swirling motion is best for drying the lens if you're going to use the cloth, but compressed
air is best. rob

OMG! WHAT is it with these companies not accepting credit cards and instead using Paypal (yeah I know, this is a theme for me in recurring posts..sorry :thinking:). It is so incredibly frustrating. I mean, I realize there are fees involved, but even when I'm willing to pay extra to cover that fee, they still won't accept it.
My guess is that it's easier for these companies to deal with dissatisfied customers if it goes through Paypal (since the company already has the customer's money and they can now force the custmer to go through Paypal, which does not have the same customer proection services as do the major credit card companies and is a true email-only bureacratic nightmare to deal with...) instead of the credit card company (which usuallywill not give the company their payment if the customer can prove to them that they never got the shipment or the shipment was defective).

Benm

Its a bit off topic, but paypal is often the cheapest and easiest way for a (non-us) company to (indirectly) accept creditcard payments. The practice is very common also for legit companies that do not intend to scam you out of any money, but just need a practical payment platform that is usuable for worldwide customers.

Benm- Yup, I totally agree. I just had a really bad experience with them. If I'm willing to pay extra for a one time credit card payment, why wouldn't a legit company accept it, though

If I were a company operating out of the Far East with sales all around the world, no way would I accept credit cards. Too much theft. Too much fraud. Way too much. This is not the forum to get into how thieves use credit card to steal millions of dollars in goods. So far, this kind of theft isn't showing up in paypal as much. Anyone who has a credit card can use paypal so I'm sure companies are not really missing out that much on customers who wish to use credit cards. Personally, as a consumer I would never use my credit card over the Internet with an overseas merchant. When I use my credit card thru Paypal, I have protection from both paypal and my credit card issuer. Paypal protection is teh best IMO. I have been ripped off using Paypal for several thousands dollars and have recovered at least 95% of my stolen money.

Last edited:
Anyone know what kind of policy they have if customs confiscates the laser? money back? Getting another sent?