Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW 1-2xAA Focal Price pointer $14.76

Welcome to my first review EVER! :D With that noted, this may be brief as I am not the reviewing type lol.

Link to laser: 50mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black)

First off: Shipping/Packaging
Shipped Sept. 17th, got here today, Oct. 5th. I went outside to check my mail everyday thinking to myself "if it didn't come that would be so FAIL!" ;)

It came in a bubble mailer, and within this, a little rectangular box, and within THAT! The laser itself within a laser-fit bubblewrap pouch.

210zvvk.jpg

The Laser:

m7gp6c.jpg

It is capable of using 1x14500 3.7v li-ion, or with the extension tube (included) it's able to use 2x1.5v alkalines.
This was a major selling point for me.

The laser is quite small. It is merely 4.25 in. long (6.25 in. with 2xAA extension tube) by 6/8 in. wide.

Some size reference pics:

2megiu.jpg

From left to right: 2xAAA pen laser, 14500, this laser, 18650, my phone (timer for pizza I had in oven lol)

ay0pv.jpg

Build Quality:
The build quality is great. The battery doesn't rattle. The switch itself is set in rubber so it feels solid and doesn't rattle as well. The board is well supported so it won't bend. The top portion is drilled out just the right size for the module.

Power:
Surely not 50mW. More in the range of 20-30mW. It has a very stable output, so that I'm happy with.

33fgjkj.jpg

Video shutting off a street light (though I couldn't get it all the way out lol)
http://v4.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2djcmkz&s=4

All-in-all:
This is one swell laser for the price. It is very small making it rather portable. The only real con being it is not the stated power (50mW). I am very pleased with this purchase :D

that's a swell laser! I wanna see it compared to a pocket mini.
one of these days I'll stop by and have to have a look at this new laser.

IMO, thats a great laser for the price. I am still trying to find out where the sensor is for the street lights around me. I know some of them are timed though.... if not all. I need to find out!
I might buy one from there some time. They are so cheap.

Last edited:
IMO, thats a great laser for the price. I am still trying to find out where the sensor is for the street lights around me. I know some of them are timed though.... if not all. I need to find out!
I might buy one from there some time. They are so cheap.
How u turn light off?

Tried x75
evo pro
dilda
???
It's just a matter of finding the sensor (if it even has one). Usually a little box on the light.

that's a swell laser! I wanna see it compared to a pocket mini.
one of these days I'll stop by and have to have a look at this new laser.
Yes sir you must stop by sometime! :D

How i burn movement detector? There one nearby that is pointing the street.

How i burn movement detector? There one nearby that is pointing the street.
It's not a motion detector, it is a light sensor (photodiode). Maybe your lights just don't have them or you're not hitting it from the right side. I can't help you lol.

Last edited:

Moptsp

Good review.

How good is the divergence, and beam shape to a perfect circle?
-Moptsp

Good review.

How good is the divergence, and beam shape to a perfect circle?
-Moptsp
Looks pretty circular to me ;)
1dy2py.jpg

The divergence is good. I won't go as far as getting an exact figure, but it stays pretty thin for as far as I can see (which is all that matters IMO).