Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw 638nm Mitsubishi ML501P73 Build (w/pics)

dylpicklechip

Run it around 840ma, much more than that seems to actually reduce the output. I'm not sure if it's actually outputting less power or if the wavelength is increasing and making it appear dimmer but either way they seem to have a hard limit on brightness. Someone did a power test on either LPF or PhotonLexicon and reported the same, hard limit on output. Much less divergence, about half that of a P73 but larger beam waist at output, about double the cross section size. Less beam trash than a P73 as well. Definitely the nicest looking beam of the high power multimode 635's just would be nice if you could overdrive the crap out of it like the p73 and get big power.
Thank you, that's super helpful and interesting. I'll be putting this together early next week - really looking forward to seeing this beam!

Giannis_TDM

I don't have that diode ( GH0637AA2G ) but the spec sheet posted by techhood says 1A...........I can't guarantee that's accurate or not but that's what it shows.

I have that exact diode And lemme tell you its wonderful its divergence is half of the 700mw 638 oclaro one and I am even using a G2 with it imagine a nice ar coated 3 elemnt.. Dtr recommends a max current of 800mA with it and personally I have mine set at 500 due to a lack of a more powerful driver.

Hi ,Thats a good price but get them from DTR for a tad more , no biggeie and he's here in the states. No bashing here but I would support my my awesome vendors. DTR is on it . He is very responsive in a timely manner .
That diode is great and with held the testbed time.
Rich:)

What is the output power at 800 mA and a G2 lens? I haven't built one of these in a long time. I like the better divergence as the ML501P73 sucks.

Thanks. I would have looked it up myself, but I've been having issues with this laptop in the past couple of days.