Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5000mw(5 watt) green laser emitting dim red light

i said it's a cheap knockoff one, of course it gonna output nowhere near 1 watt, mostly around 80 to 100

i paid 39 euros for it, thats around 40 to 50 dollars. Not that cheap either, keeping in mind its a chinese piece of doo

diachi

i paid 39 euros for it, thats around 40 to 50 dollars. Not that cheap either, keeping in mind its a chinese piece of doo

Yeah ... unfortunately you overpaid quite significantly for it.

You can pick them up with a battery and charger for less than $15.

High Power Military Laser 301 532nm Green Light Zoomable Laser Pen Lazer Beam - 1 x 18650 Battery-6.73 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Edit: Also, please avoid double posting. It's frowned upon here. Use the edit button to update your post where possible. :)

Last edited:
but the main problem here is: it's not doing anything anymore. Is it dead? can i revive it?

Last edited:
cant we do this in an instant messager by the way? like skype, it would flood this forum less.

diachi

but the main problem here is: it's not doing anything anymore. Is it dead? can i revive it?

I don't imagine you have much experience with repairing DPSS lasers, and even then, the issue hasn't really been diagnosed. So no, it's dead.

It's not worth fixing anyway. The parts would cost just about as much as a whole new laser.

cant we do this in an instant messager by the way? like skype, it would flood this forum less.

I'm not available on Skype or any sort of IM at the moment.

Edit... And again, double posts are frowned upon...

Last edited:
alright. Ill give the military "High power" laser you provided me a go. it's black friday so it's 6 euros and 10 cents. That's dirt cheap as heck. do you mind if i add you to my skype contacts? if not just tell me, but i'd like to have a sturdy contact to ask questions at since you're probably very good with lasers(according to your avatar).

diachi

Unless it's your own for sale thread. :D:crackup:

That's true, although I personally tend to delete the previous post when bumping. :beer:

alright. Ill give the military "High power" laser you provided me a go. it's black friday so it's 6 euros and 10 cents. That's dirt cheap as heck. do you mind if i add you to my skype contacts? if not just tell me, but i'd like to have a sturdy contact to ask questions at since you're probably very good with lasers(according to your avatar).

I've had two of those 532nm 301s from GearBest and both have been fine so far. The one I have just now measured 93mW on the LPM. Had terrible luck with the 405nm ones though, so I'd avoid those if you're looking for 405nm... :)

Add me on Skype if you want, I'm not on a whole lot these days though so responses may be delayed.

the specs on gearbest read 5mw, lol. I dont mind being stuck on low powered lasers, they just need to make a bright awesome beam in the sky. I added you as contact btw.

They will say 5mw for customs issues. You have to spend quite a bit to get an actual 5mw 532 laser.

diachi

the specs on gearbest read 5mw, lol. I dont mind being stuck on low powered lasers, they just need to make a bright awesome beam in the sky. I added you as contact btw.

Yeah, they say 5mW. As 10fenny said, it's really to do with customs issues. You'll typically get anywhere from ~50mW to ~100mW with those though. As I mentioned, I have the same one, mine meters at 93mW.

They will say 5mw for customs issues. You have to spend quite a bit to get an actual 5mw 532 laser.

Kinda funny how that works, eh? :p

Last edited:
Well I've actually seen a 532 that runs on button cells so I wouldn't be surprised if that was near 5mw.

Yea right? I wonder if they have to use exspensive crystals to work with lower ir diodes... idk don't ask me.. I'm a pure diode kind of guy

alright, ive ripped out the entire laser diode from my dead cheapo laser, and it seems there is only a small diode(like any other laser) and a small circuit board(no potmeter, just an LM358 chip and some other stuff. Again, the laser that was in question here. Are you guys sure about ther fact that it was a DPSS laser? And by the way, that laser from gearbest needs 35 days to ship... There goes my hype XD I actually want to spend all money in the shipment so it may arrive in 3-5 days...