Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5.5w 450nm blue laser very week

Ricker is not always around, so you must be persistent. PM him every few days and wait for him to reply.

PMed again. I also wanted to ask, Can the laser be broken from the short and still burns but faintly?

It seems unlikely, but there are too many factors here and I have the feeling I'm not aware of all of them.

Teej

Fair enough on power supply. Maybe I need to review Texas Instruments switchmode power supply design handbook a bit more.

I THINK you might be thinking amps and volts, but they are talking about watts.

The drivers can trade amps for volts etc.... so you can get less run time (Fewer milliamp hours) but at higher voltage, etc.

:D

Anyway, off the top of my head, it sounds a bit like where your head was going?

Sunny17

I THINK you might be thinking amps and volts, but they are talking about watts.

The drivers can trade amps for volts etc.... so you can get less run time (Fewer milliamp hours) but at higher voltage, etc.

Anyway, off the top of my head, it sounds a bit like where your head was going?

This thread hasn’t been active in over two years. I think they’ve moved on past their issues.

That 'new' post was kinda a necro- we all need to check dates--OP date- and dates of several of the newest posts'
BUT I hope anyone reading this post will NOT POST HERE-- it is too old.

HOWEVER had the buyer done is homework by searching aliexpress or ali baba-etc he would have looked elsewhere.
No pros here shop there-- many times it is total BS.

think that is easy to tell-NO portable lasers make 50W or whatever.. also afaik you cannot send any laser back to china via 'Ali'
1) buy from a member --especially if he made the laser

2) buy a used laser form a member w/ a LPM.
3) buy from a trusted seller like JETLASERS or Sanwu--both have reps here.

ATM I have a JL group buy in the works--best time to buy a JL--(thread is at GB section)--Cancelled due to a threat.

____________update-- weak not week--
reminds me
'Seven days without sex makes one WEAK' haha

Last edited: