Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

495nm Laser66 Pen Build

Beautiful build i just got some 490nm coming, i have maybe around 5+ in chrome am planing to build and tiny led's :)

Reactions: GSS
These new 487nm diodes look more blue than my 493nm build does. Funny how just 5 to 6nm can have so much of an effect over the color.

Last edited:
What an awesome build my friend.
Wonderful work.
+ reps for you.

RB
:beer:

Wow. Diachi is only a tiny rep away from 2 million. Somebody please give him that nudge so he can make it there today. :wave:

hi guys

i might have hands on that laser host.

but i have one question about button.. how does it hold in there?
from the picture i dont see any lip around it. do you need to glue it to the pcb holder plastic part??

hi guys

i might have hands on that laser host.

but i have one question about button.. how does it hold in there?
from the picture i dont see any lip around it. do you need to glue it to the pcb holder plastic part??

Usually the black plastic button (shown on the right in your picture) comes with a small piece of circular double-sided tape stuck to it. The driver of a laser module is intended to go inside the black plastic shroud (shown on the left in your picture) that comes with the kit. The shroud is formed so that it is flexible enough to be pressed down onto a switch. The idea is that you assemble the laser such that the back edge of the shroud is aligned with the hole in the host, then the button is stuck onto it. The piece of clear plastic you show in the middle of the picture is meant to gather light from an LED indicator light soldered to the driver board. It will not be used unless you intend to include an LED indicator. My signature has a link to a tutorial for building pens with these kits. Use it for reference and you won't go wrong.

Usually the black plastic button (shown on the right in your picture) comes with a small piece of circular double-sided tape stuck to it. The driver of a laser module is intended to go inside the black plastic shroud (shown on the left in your picture) that comes with the kit. The shroud is formed so that it is flexible enough to be pressed down onto a switch. The idea is that you assemble the laser such that the back edge of the shroud is aligned with the hole in the host, then the button is stuck onto it. The piece of clear plastic you show in the middle of the picture is meant to gather light from an LED indicator light soldered to the driver board. It will not be used unless you intend to include an LED indicator. My signature has a link to a tutorial for building pens with these kits. Use it for reference and you won't go wrong.
i will have red laser pen in this host.. original.. i am going to dissasemble it as it is useless, i just need host for my build. thats why i needed to know how does the button hold in there.. so it is probably glued from factory..

i will have red laser pen in this host.. original.. i am going to dissasemble it as it is useless, i just need host for my build. thats why i needed to know how does the button hold in there.. so it is probably glued from factory..
It should just be stuck on with double-sided tape. Tape over the housing with a couple layers of masking tape (to protect the chrome finish) and use a knife to pry the button up carefully. It should come right off without much effort. It can be glued or taped back on later.

It should just be stuck on with double-sided tape. Tape over the housing with a couple layers of masking tape (to protect the chrome finish) and use a knife to pry the button up carefully. It should come right off without much effort. It can be glued or taped back on later.

Thank you very much.