Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

495nm Aspire One CF Mod Beauty - Now with Galactic Beam Shots

Recently I bought a laser from Rich.
The 495nm EDC side button.
See his ad here:
I asked him to send it in two packages and the module arrived first then a week later, the host.
I was too impatient to try out the 495 so I took out the diode module and put it in a copper vape 510 that I had bought from Rich, last year.
Matched it up with an Aspire One CF Mod with the blue side button and viola !!
Instant 495 goodness !!!
I'll be using the empty EDC side button host from Rich to put a nice 405nm module in it instead.

Hope you enjoy:

IMG_6124.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

And, the obligatory beam shot:

IMG_6123.JPG

Cheers
RB
:beer:

hoo7h

I love the color contrast between the copper and the blue mod, top that with the unique color of these diode :)

I never jumped on the 510 module hype (despite the fact that they make beautiful builds) because I've had bad experiences with the 510 connection. In the middle of the connection rod, I mostly found the pin to be glued in place, where you thread the piece it makes makes contact. In two of my RDA's, I had the pin get loose and eventually falls off. In some of the more expensive, quality RDAs, they have a small screw instead of the glued pen but unfortunately I don't see it used with lasers.

Nice job, Andrew. On this diode do you see any trace of green in the dot or the beam? These new diodes can be anywhere from 487nm to 493nm. The low end of that has a light blue beam and dot, but not a trace of green in it. The higher end is right on the edge between blue and green. If you don't have a spectrometer, this is one way you can tell about what wavelength you ended up with. I can't rep you yet, but I owe you one.

very nice build,the light blue color is fantastic on your pic,still waiting my diode to arrive and can't decide what wavelengh i wished to be from 488 to 493 :D

Bacon

I love the color contrast between the copper and the blue mod, top that with the unique color of these diode :)

I never jumped on the 510 module hype (despite the fact that they make beautiful builds) because I've had bad experiences with the 510 connection. In the middle of the connection rod, I mostly found the pin to be glued in place, where you thread the piece it makes makes contact. In two of my RDA's, I had the pin get loose and eventually falls off. In some of the more expensive, quality RDAs, they have a small screw instead of the glued pen but unfortunately I don't see it used with lasers.

Something I recently ran into was that some of the 22mm heatsinks are too small to fit the rda adaptors :(

What adapters and heatsinks did you get? Im practicing tapping 3mm holes in my "too small" 22mm heatsink for the ground connection.

jnrpop

How good are the mods :beer:
Beautiful looking build RB, this was a GH04955A2G yes? so likely up around the 495 mark. I think its a beautiful wl :D
I missed the mech-mod hype, but coming back to the forum i read the threads and have never looked back, i think there great, easy to build and the luxury of changing out parts, bodies, tweaking drivers easily etc. Important to get a good setup for the neutral/positive lines, but once you find a methob to building them its quick and no stress.

Bacon, i too recently received 4 modules from DTR that had a smaller diameter threading section. My go-to Adapters would slide right over the threading :thinking: It was only a small difference, IIRC 20.3mm - 19.8mm(for the incorrect 22sinks)

You could also use a method like i do here: https://laserpointerforums.com/f40/osram-plt5-488-aspire-mod-102684.html#post1526053

Last edited:
Hi RB,
Best of luck with the 495! I purchased the same laser from jnrpop about a month ago and could not be happier with the laser, the host, or the color! I am sure you will put it to good use. Have good one

Thanks everyone, this 495nm I bought from Rich is beautiful.
Nice job, Andrew. On this diode do you see any trace of green in the dot or the beam? These new diodes can be anywhere from 487nm to 493nm. The low end of that has a light blue beam and dot, but not a trace of green in it. The higher end is right on the edge between blue and green.

Yes Paul, I think this one is closer to 495nm as I can make out a slight bit of green in there.

Well last night after work I took out my camera since it was a clear starry night with the MilkyWay slowly climbing in the east and I did some funky 495 beam shots for you all.

All these are single shots, not combined.
Hope you enjoy (as you know it's very difficult to pick up the WL accurately with DSLRs).
:beer:

2A2A3761-pro.jpg

2A2A3764b-pro.jpg

2A2A3766-pro.jpg

Unparallel Universe?
2A2A3769-pro.jpg

How's about a funky 495 worm hole?
2A2A3770-pro.jpg

Or a 495 Galactic shootout....
2A2A3772-pro.jpg

GSS

RB, WOW!! Just WOW!!:):):):):):):)
Somehow I missed seeing the sale post from Rich:( thanks for posting it as I try to never miss his new builds:beer:

Last edited:
your photos look amazing Andrew,even a professional photographer would jelous those beautiful shots.