Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

490 nm Lightsaber ;-)

Just for fun. My Sanwu Challenger 2 (sharp 490 nm) pointed into an Ultrasabers light saber blade.
Not attached -just pointing in. With a ring adapter and a set screw it could be attached.
What would be better would be to take a replica LED lightsaber-with motion sensing and sound-and swap out the LED with a laser diode. Although with the bright LED's available these days it might not make sense.
My 1 watt 520 was just too bright for easy photog.

Attachments

• Lightsaber490.jpg
    Lightsaber490.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 71

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice, these 490nm's look good no matter how they're shown! :yh:
I agree with you, I've found that the lower power diodes look much better as a lightsaber.

Very pretty! I haven't purchased any of these lightsaber add-ons but this looks pretty enticing.

Edit: which model is this?

Last edited:
Thanks BowTieGuy
Nice, these 490nm's look good no matter how they're shown! :yh:
I agree with you, I've found that the lower power diodes look much better as a lightsaber.

Thanks LewDude
It's not any of the ones for sale for lasers-it's from a site that specializes in making Lightsaber replicas-with motion sensing-so the hum and clash as seen in the movies. They use bright LED's. They sell the blade I'm using. You would need to make some sort of adapter ring to hold in place. I've not liked any that I've seen made for lasers.

https://ultrasabers.com/product/40-ultraedge-midgrade-blade/
Very pretty! I haven't purchased any of these lightsaber add-ons but this looks pretty enticing.

Edit: which model is this?

Do you have an actual saber from them or just a blade? I have a saber from Saber Forge tat I'll be posting about in off-topic shortly.

Last edited:
Not a Star Wars fan, so I haven't seen any of these up c;lose and personal. Thanks for sharing yours here. :)

You are welcome!
Great! I was on their site and they had a handful of options. Looks darn good for the price. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks Paul!
I have a Darth Vader Force FX replica from 2006 that they updated with a bright red LED-and saber attachment. And an Episode IV Luke Skywalker that I modded myself with a Cyan LED using parts from them.

" DO you have an actual saber from them or just a blade? I have a saber from Saber Forge tat I'll be posting about in off-topic shortly."

So your post got me thinking. I tried it with most of my lasers. I need to find a lens that will unfocus my 589 enough to properly light up the blade. The 450 gives a nice, deep blue. The 405 looks awesome although it would probably need a lot higher output to make it visible in bright light. The 660 is a good deep red and would be good for a sith saber. The 638 is a nice bright red. The 520 looks great. I think I'll try to get some pictures once I find a lens in my stuff that will work for the 589. I think I might actually buy another hilt I like and use a LD for the light.

Hi Dr. Evil,(my favorite character from the Austin Powers movies)

I'd want to keep the sound and motion detecting features. The LED's I swapped out (2006) were probably NOT as bright as what is currently available. I've thought about getting a new RGB Ultrasaber-with better sound- and brighter LED's.
I tried my 520 nm 1 W (defocused) and it was TOO bright. :) The 150 mW 492nm was brighter than my 2006 Cyan LED.
I want to Halloween as older Luke Skywalker-but my Blue LS is wimpy-still having the old LED strip from Force FX.

So, some f you still dress up for Halloween. I remember taking my daughter out trick-or-treating when she was quite young. One year I got some fuzzy pink cat ears and paired that with her pink fur coat. After painting her face to look like a cat she was so very cute. Many people asked to take her photograph and she got a huge kick out of it. Now that she is in her mid thirties, I miss those days when she was so young and innocent.