Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm Scopeguy-GB-Aquarius/CNI

entertainment037.jpg
A little close to the egde of the pool aren't you buddy? lol :p

On my break today at work I just tested the laser again. This time it started at 27mW and slowly worked it's way up to 65 mW, it then worked its way back down to 50mW and hung out there for a while before returning to 35mW after being on for 25 seconds at which point I turned it off and put it away. This laser is now more powerful than my old RPL. I WANT MORE.

Dude I love it, can we see some new beam shots? I have one on the way from the last round, and I would be soo tempted, but im not sure If I have the balls. BTW Yobresal I have a paypal payment for you, Ive been broke but get paid friday. PM me your paypal email..

-Greg

Mhh, pot-modding an expensive toy, there. If you kill it, will you try to disassemble it to replace the IR diode?

A blue laser i'm afraid is beyond my budget. Just spend many K$ renovating my house and putting on a music festival this month, so the most I can afford is a 50 mW greenie and a few CR2 batteries. :cryyy:
Robert

Dude I love it, can we see some new beam shots? I have one on the way from the last round, and I would be soo tempted, but im not sure If I have the balls. BTW Yobresal I have a paypal payment for you, Ive been broke but get paid friday. PM me your paypal email..

-Greg

I will get some more beam shots/video/balloon pop and output verification for you guys, Also I forget what you have a payment for? Do I owe you something in return?

Mhh, pot-modding an expensive toy, there. If you kill it, will you try to disassemble it to replace the IR diode?

Robert

I am very glad that I did. It really isn't that expensive. $315 in the GB. If the diode burns then yes. But I need to figure out what size and power diode is used.

Nothing serious Yob, I wanted to send a little payment in return for the labels you sent me.

-Greg

How much 808 IR is pumping through this laser to get the amount of blue that comes out? Don't blue lasers have really low efficiencies along the lines of 4% in handhelds

DEAD. But man was it bright as hell right before it died. I had it lasing at above 60mW and then it dropped all the way down to 4mW and slowly went down farther than that. I have contacted CNI about purchasing a replacement diode. It is a C-mount pump with one end of the square heatsink machined to a curve to fit in the module. I would just buy a C-mount elsewhere but I am affraid I would accidently kill the diode while machining the heatsink, could be tricky.

jnrpop

Could you just purchase a bigger c-mount, maybe a 2-3-4 watt and have it running at a lower current, or would that overheat the crystals, because you had it already at a solid ans steady 30-40 mw, the crystals must be able to handle the extra input and thus the driver and c-mount would be the only thing holding it back!

You are correct. The diode is the problem it is hard to provide a multiwatt laser diode with the required cooling in such a small package. The crystals can probably handle upwards of 100mW.

Yeah the diode is dead. I am getting the diode replaced though so it will be back up and running in a month or so. Live and learn. Next time I will only tweak the pot a little bit. Keep it around 30mW. I was really pushing it upwards of 50mW. I should have known it wouldn't last but it was just so good while it lasted.

yea my rule of thumb is if it cost more than 50 dont pot mod it
sorry to hear of this . i am looking at glenns yellow pointers right now
I just hate paying hundreds for so low of power lol

although I did pot mod my infinity 95 a year ago brought it up to over a hundred
so i broke my rule itcosts 177.00 shipped went from 80 mw to over 105 at times