Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

450nm 1.6W Handheld Build - PLTB450B

loreadarkshade

Hello beautiful people of the laser community!! :D

Here is my cheap handheld powerful blue build. This thing can light white matches instantly. USE GOGGLES!

As I learn more and more about this amazing technology, I dare build more expensive builds using more exotic diodes.
Here is my build for a 1.6W PLTB450B diode.

I used 3 AMC7135 chips in parallel running the diode @ 1,050mA 4.5V and a 10uF cap between the diode's pins.

I know this diode should be running at 5v, but that wasn't possible with this current host. Besides, the lower power is not only safer, but allows longer duty cycles.
This is the cheapest way I could build this laser pointer. I have recently learned about boost drivers and will soon be using those instead! :) Excited for that! But they take a month to get here from china and I didn't want to wait that long.

Enjoy!

PLTB450B Diode: $21.04
Flashlight Host / batteries: $3.99
3x AMC7135: $0.89
Diode housing: $2.28

Total build cost: $28.20 CAD

Last edited:

gazer101

You forgot to include batteries, charger, lens, diode housing, and shipping in your cost calculations!

Jk nicely done

loreadarkshade

You forgot to include batteries, charger, lens, diode housing, and shipping in your cost calculations!

Jk nicely done
Well well mister gazer101, I would have you know the batteries were included in the price of the flashlight and shipping as well :p
You are right though I did forget the $2 diode housing/lens :)

No charger for this though as it uses plain old AAA batteries :O shhhhh hahaha