Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445/450nm 250mw module

Hey Im looking for a 445/450nm 250mw module with driver attached and leads. Willing to spend around $40-60 going to use it in a RGB laser that I have been planing to build.

hmmm

first one ..right?

to make a 'projector' with only 7 colors you need TTL drivers on all three-
for millions of colors you need analog modulation and that means more $$
no worry if you are building a sprio or lumia PJ..

avoid:
stepper motors
failing to add active cooling- like a fan or two.
small heat sinks-otherwise you will need to follow a duty/rest cycle.
I have a projector link in my sig btw

hak

bump for Billy
- we have members here who can build you a mini labby in blue-parts are not $$
aixiz.com has two IIRC blue & two 405s 12vdc ttl -very small-
you can get a kit and DIY

Benm

I really would not go for 405 in projectors, unless you want to project an image onto something that a bit fluorescent (like wallpaper). 405 nm beams don't look impressive side-on even if they've got a fair deal of power behind them.

APEX1

I've boughten a few single mode 445 diodes on ebay before!

I really would not go for 405 in projectors, unless you want to project an image onto something that a bit fluorescent (like wallpaper). 405 nm beams don't look impressive side-on even if they've got a fair deal of power behind them.

^^^^ Ben is right-unless you are 'intebeam viewing' w/ a ot of fog the beams are barely visible- but the color does make dayglo items really jump-and GITD with 405 can be amazing- the paint (GITD) is not cheap but tje effect is worth it IMHO.

take extra care with 405- ypur eyes stay dialated and that allows even more eneo
gy to enter your eye--WHICH can be magnified ~ 1000 times- IF it happens to hit the center or your eye's lens.

^^^^^ that is how Ranger KELLI GOT BLINDED in one eye and damage in the other at BMan 2014- she was trying to locate the asshat w/ the green laser who had been flashing people for some time there-AFAIK he was not caught BTW---no wonder w/ 85,000 people there-hhelds were banned for this yrs BM.
hak

APEX1

Be sure to grab a good pair of safety glasses first!

At URBAN 15- in San Antonio Xmas Laser Show by Tim Walsh we saw a demo of a 'several' W 405 PJ- 2011 0r 2012- ATM to have that power cost a lot more than now- he did this after the Xmas show allowing people a chance to leave---most stayed to see it- our eyes at that point were used to low light and with a lot of fog & interbeam viewing it was quite exciting..but hardly bright...iirc he told me he had > $1000 tied up in the build.

Best view is having the beam aimed at you just overhead-2nd is looking down the beam from behind and worst is from the side-- :whistle:

Benm

Safety is definitely an issue with 405 nm lasers. Even at very dangerous power levels it looks benign, dim, violet. As most of these diodes are actualy single mode they can be made to produce well collimated beams that are dangerous even at a distance.

Under some conditions it may be spectacular, but under common conditions it really is not. You could easily have a class-IV 405 nm beam going less noticed than even 1 mW of 532 nm.

One idiotic way of discovering how much power is there is sticking your hand in the beam. At half-watt and up levels you'll probably feel the heat for 532, 450 or 405 nm, the former two being blindingly bright at that point. Stick your hand it the way of a powerful 405 nm laser and you'll notice the burn before noticing there is a bright light on your hand.

This 'test' does not apply to red lasers though as they penentrate the skin quite easily (at least in fair skinned people) so the heat gets moved away by circulation and you will not notice much.

Evans

445/450nm 250mw laser is more professional, but a little dangerous. After you buy you should pay attention to the safety.
Before you buy this tool, you can check the price in other platform like the amazon and ebay and so on. Search in google you can also find many different prices and then you can find a most closest price.
One word more, the safty should be value.