Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

40W CO2 laser vendors

JROD

Can someone tell me a good site to buy CO2 laser tubes...somewhere in the 40W range?

JROD

Thanks, that looks like it will work for me.

I'm looking to build my own laser engraver/cutter. There are some great plans on a site called buildlog.net but they don't go into detail about the CO2 laser system they're using.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

I actually just grabbed a deal off ebay the other day for a 40W tube + PSU for $200. I plan to make a CNC cutter/engraver as well.

Thanks for the link to buildlog.net

Last edited:

JROD

I'm guessing that you're asking about the thread in Buildlog.net? If so, I'm referring to the link "drawings for 2X laser" which has all the drawings and specs on the build in pdf format. You'll see it on the top left side of the home page.
Its more geared to the mechanical components and electronic controls of the machine but there are some references to the laser...just not any specs on the actual laser.

JROD

Very Cool Arayan! How long did it take you to build that?

I'm looking to build something very similar.

Thanks for the info on the laser tube. Someone else sent me a link to one that comes with the power supply as well.

Arayan

:thanks: JROD, It took about a month but working only during the weekends :)

For the PSU, the company called Coletech (the link from Jeffry) is very good.