Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm Pointers for SALE - Adjustable output !!

Re: New 405nm Pointers for SALE  (5mW and 10mW)

Nice work Milos!  btw, I have an astronomy flashlight that looks almost exactly like those lasers, but has red 2X and blue 2x Leds on it with dimmer wheel and 3 position switch for red, off and blue.  If that is what you modded, it looks like you found the flashlight to be quite useful.  Hope I didn't blow your secret! I hope I am not on the "NO SOUP" LIST! LOL  All The Best!  -Glenn

Re: New 405nm Pointers for SALE  (5mW and 10m

Cyparagon said:
I refuse to purchase on the grounds that your laser crystal is an inaccurate representation of a city  :mad: :mad:  :-?

Don't cry, dry your eye. You won't buy it because he has a old hologram from when the World Trade Center (twin towers) still existed? I hope you were joking. :cool:

Milos

goldfingerfif said:
[quote author=Cyparagon link=1203200842/0#14 date=1203303427]I refuse to purchase on the grounds that your laser crystal is an inaccurate representation of a city :mad: :mad: :-?

Don't cry, dry your eye. You won't buy it because he has a old hologram from when the World Trade Center (twin towers) still existed? I hope you were joking. :cool:[/quote]

I don't like souvenirs much in general, but this one very nice. Maybe because of twins and I was in watching the last of them fall from work window.
btw, I know he was just joking, ;)

Nice work Milos! btw, I have an astronomy flashlight that looks almost exactly like those lasers, but has red 2X and blue 2x Leds on it with dimmer wheel and 3 position switch for red, off and blue. If that is what you modded, it looks like you found the flashlight to be quite useful. Hope I didn't blow your secret! I hope I am not on the "NO SOUP" LIST! LOL All The Best! -Glenn

Thanks man,
Hey you got the same or similar model then as astronomy flash light. This one was red only though and I got them cheep. Its not the quickest mod, but I like the shape and I got the procedure down. Had to fabricate front, and join it with circuit board, as well as modify the circuit board.

How can I possibly refuse soup to you. You got the funniest avatar in history of internet ;D

Milos

Got the Google checkout hooked up now for more convenience.

so tempting.... is there a duty cycle on these?
lev

As a former NYC resident, I am interested in the 10mW model through the forum discount.

Milos

Leviathan:
Simple answer is, its very safe to keep these diodes running long at 38-42mA (5mW-10mW) which is what I offer. I will not be selling any lasers that have diodes with low performance and just crank up current to achieve optical power output! As you guys might know 405nm diodes vary greatly and I assure you I hand pick them. Last batch of 5 I had had only 3 that were satisfactory to my selling standards.

I will however tune **PER REQUEST ONLY** these lasers with extra good diode performance (if I have in stock) to the customer's desired current level above 42mA, and sell without any support.

I contacted drlava and daedal to share more experience on duty cycle. So far drlava wrote me back agreeing with my current range to be safe. EDITED: Deadel agrees as well.
I personally run the 10-20 seconds at the time, cause I don't see need for longer, but I had them ON for few minutes during photo taking and there were no problems. Power might vary +1/-1 mW.

Crossfire:
Will contact you shortly.

Cyparagon said:
I refuse to purchase on the grounds that your laser crystal is an inaccurate representation of a city :mad: :mad: :-?

The laser crystal mocks my home town :mad: :mad: :mad:
(lol) -Swedish

could u post a photo of a 5mw next to a 10mw for brightness comparisons?

Milos

I don't have any built at the moment. I will be making more this weekend.
In any case, I don't think picture would be precise enough to show difference. To the eye, dot of 11mW is much brighter and fuller. Beams I never compared but I'll try to take some shots and post it.

Last edited:

You could always try fluorescing them on some white paper or something like that. It may help make a distinction between the 5mW and 10.

Did I miss the LD manufacturer?  What R U using for PS regulation?
I'd like to see the paper test.
What flavor soup you serving this weekend (5s or 10s or both)? ::)  
--RR

Milos

RadarRider said:
Did I miss the LD manufacturer? What R U using for PS regulation?
I'd like to see the paper test.
What flavor soup you serving this weekend (5s or 10s or both)? ::)
--RR
Diodes are from PS3 KES-400A module (Nichia).
PS is regulated by two transistors, 3 resistors (one of them adjustable), and one big on/off switch pot. So two adjustable pots all together.
Diode is protected with ceramic cap as well as diode from reverse polarity.
Front silver plate is clamped in modified aixiz module and is aluminum which then also helps as a heat sink (in case of higher power diodes)

I hope I get remaining parts to build more this weekend. Will let you guys know.
I'll also take pictures on paper. Thats actually a good idea for seeing the difference.

cheers

Hi Milos,

If you're going to be building this weekend, I'm interested in a 10mW BR as well.

Cheers, CC

P.S How's that Vega-10 holding out for you? Still pushing 10mW?

Milos

hi CC,
I will put you on my 10mW list. I hope to be building and testing this weekend. Thats the plan. If not, should be Monday/Tuesday latest.

My Vega-10 is still kicking good. Thanks for asking :))Unfortunately it never reached 10mW on my meter, but even at 9.X (or 6-9mW) is my favorite and most used laser. Difference in visibility between 5, 7, 9mW is definitely there. If you gonna go for 593nm go for as much as you can cause ever milliwatt is "visible"

Yeah, I found that out. My Vega 5 (actually avg. 4.7mW) was a nice match for my RPL-Blue-10, but now that I've upgraded to an RPL-Blue-30, (which actually kicks avg. 46mW and once peaked at 94mW !) I wish I would have gone for the Vega 10 as well. I could really use that extra visibility now.

Anyway, back to the thread topic... Your price on the 10mW is fantastic and my Paypal finger is ready and waiting. Thanks for making more of them and giving me this opportunity.

Cheers, CC