Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm beam focus to tiny dot?

Glocke

Hi Sultanen. I have this item
405nm 500mW Industrial Lab Module Voilet Laser TTL Module 12V | eBay

Wavelength(nm) 405
Output Power(mw) 500mw
Input Voltage(v) DC 12V
Operating Mode CW
Cooling Mode FAN
Transverse Mode Near TEM00
Beam Diameter at the Aperture(mm) ~6
Divergence,Full angle(mrad) =5
Power Stability(RMS/4 hrs) <5%
Operating Temperature(?) -10~+35
TTL 0-50KHZ
Laser Head Dimensions(L*W*H) 33mm*33mm*64mm
Power Supply PSU included
Expected Lifetime(hours) >5000
Package Box
Weight 0.2KG

I am also doing a 3D printer. I have the same problem as you, in my case my laser is 500mW, EM00 type and TTL-controllable and adjustable power (50mW-500mW). I need to also do a spot as small as possible, also of 0.1mm, and is adjustable by hand, for a distance of between 100mm and 300mm.

Maybe some more experienced user in lenses can help us both to know what kind of lens we need both and where to buy it.

Thank you all.

You probably already thought of this, but I bought a $5 magnifying glass off fleabay and can run my 405 through that (aligned right) and get a tiny dot with tons of power density.

-c

Spooky

for a distance of between 100mm and 300mm.

Why the need for a variable focal distance so wide Glocke? the fusing / curing should be in the same plane each time if you are using a rising product format?

cheers

Dave

Glocke

Why the need for a variable focal distance so wide Glocke? the fusing / curing should be in the same plane each time if you are using a rising product format?

cheers

Dave

Because I still do not know the final distance, is approximate and there is a galvo in between, with mirrors, electronic circuits.... Nothing final, all is experimental.

Last edited:

Glocke

You probably already thought of this, but I bought a $5 magnifying glass off fleabay and can run my 405 through that (aligned right) and get a tiny dot with tons of power density.

-c

I guess I need a lens to focus, but do not know. The seller told me I had internal collimador, and do not know if I can do turning the collimator for adjust to smallest point, I have not received the item. In any case I need something attached externally (lens) adjustable supply me adjust everything work.

Spooky

Because I still do not know the final distance, is approximate and there is a galvo in between, with mirrors, electronic circuits

Ahh I'm with you now :)

cheers

Dave