Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405 ggw-h20l

I am looking into using this laser for a scanner.
(i am not sure where to put this post but due to only laser operation question i thought i would put it here.)
The laser is expected to be on for possibly large amounts of time.
To do this i was thinking of using a 2x, 2x thermal cooling device. attached to a 2x,2x,1.5x block of copper with an axis laser housing inside.
I know greens are sensitive to temp but how do the blu laser get effected?
Should i be worried about it getting to cold?
With that diode for a long life driving it at 180ma being on that long how many hours can one expect to get out of it?
i also plan on using this lens to lower reflect
405nm Glass Collimating Lens 6.3mm dia. 405-G-1 lowloss - eBay (item 380196341073 end time Jan-18-10 00:36:24 PST)

kiyoukan;

I build a lot of continuous operation lasers.

The BR laser diode should operate just fine @ 180ma with two ounces of copper for heat sinking.

It will operate better with cooler temps.

I also sell the same bare lens you referenced in your Ebay listing for slightly less than the buy-it-now price.

Good luck on your build.

LarryDFW

Is there a temp at when the laser starts to preform worse?
the tec cooler i am using can freeze water.
As long as i can keep the laser cool to stop any heat damage i should get a very long use, with steady output correct?
Also as far as blue ray lasers go i can spend about 50-70$ us on a diode any suggestions of what to go for besides the one i have listed?