Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4 new green from focalprice. 2 powered by 1 aaa.... mmh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

I dont have a lpm but brightness wise its brighter then a measured 20mw pointer i have

hei boys.. i have an update! look in olike shop.
Smallest green star laser pen£*>5~120mw green laser pointer£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com

susie have the focalprice pen laser
30mW Green Beam Laser Pointer (Black) $12.98 - Free Shipping

..in olike site it also have a STAR lense... but you can notice that it is NOT WELL ok with the head of the pen. XD it seems to be only putted on withoud any thread. it could fall down... no?

however.. i can't understand how is possible to have a 30mw laser from only 1.5 volt... .. ! i know that all diodes need almost 3v to operate.. or am ai wrong? maybe there is a mechanism that overvolt the 1.5 volt of the batetry to 3 volt? i am not so technical in electronic.... ..

i would buy this laser... because it could be in next future a good host for other green modules. i also have 2 10440 lion aaa battery.. and so.. i could make an over 100mw green laser from a VERY LITTLE pen.. wonderful. but MAYBE... is better to use the bottle shape host that i just have.. it use cr2 battery but it is very thick and havs a good Heat conductivity.( and is also nice to see)

ideas and jeffd.. can you write a rewiew on the correct section? i wuoid see some photo of your laser... :) i would buy the 125B...

however.. i can't understand how is possible to have a 30mw laser from only 1.5 volt... .. ! i know that all diodes need almost 3v to operate.. or am ai wrong? maybe there is a mechanism that overvolt the 1.5 volt of the batetry to 3 volt? i am not so technical in electronic.... ..
You are correct that most of these IR pump diodes need about 3v run, but a simple boost driver will bring an AAA battery's voltage up to 3v for the pump diode.

thanks... but... there should be a CON... with boosting the voltage(doubling)...or not? maybe the battery last less hour...

Battery life will definitely be shorter with a boost driver, and the lifespan of your AAA laser will definitely be shorter if you screw around and try to use a 10440 (as in possibly a matter of seconds short), does that help?

i don't know if use a 10330 lion could help. XD why do you ask it to me ? i don't know how work a boost driver.... so i could think that using a 3.6 volt battery i can damage the laser... or i am wrong? if originally if goes from 1.5 to 3 v... if i put 3.6..the driver will UNDERboost.... from 3.6 to 3v? ..lease someone explain me :)

1litte question: do you think that the olike laser is THE SAME laser sold at focalprice?olike cost 2x more.... but it is guaranteed 3omw and has a strange star glass(strange because i don't understand how to attach it in the front cap).
...if i receive a good focalprice unit.. i am sure that it is the same laser and diode........

rhd

Seriously? You just bumped a nearly 2 year old thread? (which I realize I'm doing again here) That ^ has to be spam.

rhd

How can you tell?

There isn't a blue diode (445nm) that costs less than $35 for just the diode. This laser pointer is $11. That means it has to be a violet diode (405nm), which are available at lower powers, for a lower cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.