Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4 new + 3 W Kryton Grooves!!

Ok the first 3 lasers are up the 4th will follow shortly. Please note the graphs will go up tomorrow as photobucket is undergoing maintenance...;) :beer:

maan, too bad ya can't hold onto one of those things until i get my tax return, Gorgeous. Wish ya luck on the sale! i'm sure they will fly out the window. ;)

OVNI

Hi, I would like to buy a polished Kryton Groove, ~405nm at highest power it can handle. Yes on GITD, make them all the same color closest to the color of the beam.

I'm using a tailcap from a Kryton Groove on a custom build by Eghemus. Eghemus' tailcap is always on, no switch, while the Kryton has a SPDT (ON/OFF) clicky switch. Original Kryton on the top of first picture, Original Eghemus on the bottom of first picture. Second picture both tailcaps removed. Third and fourth pictures are close-ups of both tailcaps.

E97jqqsm.jpg
7NY7ezHm.jpg

kLxxBZVm.jpg
9WoP5a4m.jpg

The Kryton Groove tailcap's size and finish match up nicely with Eghemus' host and the clicky switch from the Kryton gives me more safety when handling Eghemus' host or leaving it on a table where it could roll and press the raised momentary switch. This picture shows the Kryton and Eghemus hosts with their tailcaps swapped.

buBmjkLm.jpg

Is there a way to get the tailcap to light up in someway (i.e. LED SPDT switch) when it is turned on to work as a visible warning that the side-momentary is hot? The way the current switch works, I can't tell whether it's on or off just by looking at it or feeling the position of the switch. I have to (safely) press the momentary.

Also, can I buy another extra clicky tailcap - w/LED if you figure it out, to replace the one I took off my Kryton and put on Eghemus' build. That finish is not polished, just nice and smooth but not at all like a mirror.

I'm also ok with shipping to friends/family as we discussed the first time we PM'd.

Mark

Last edited:
maan, too bad ya can't hold onto one of those things until i get my tax return, Gorgeous. Wish ya luck on the sale! i'm sure they will fly out the window. ;)

How long is it till your tax return...:na:;) Thanks!:beer:

Hi, I would like to buy a polished Kryton Groove, ~405nm at highest power it can handle. Yes on GITD, make them all the same color closest to the color of the beam......

Sending you a PM now! :beer:

Updated thread with the graphs!

Last edited:

Kenom

I love that my hosts are still in circulation.

I will be sad when I no longer see them in people's builds.

Kenom

Oh trust me, I'm already working on a few.

See, I have my own lathe now and lots and lots of aluminum.

saber.jpg

saber2.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got round to finishing up the 4th laser.:) Will meter and post the graph soon!:beer: