Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4 16000mah 6s lipos

I think you'll find that no matter what project you come up with you won't be able to utilize those Lipo's to their fullest without spending an exorbitant amount of money.
I mean can you think of any cheap sort of project that could utilize the 240A current draw that just one of those Lipo's are capable of? Let alone 4 of them?

Maybe someone's got a better idea, but if it's true that they are worth $350 each then I would just sell them ;)

$350 new. Yeah I may need to divert some laser budget to get back into RC. Something 1/5 scale. My laser collection has exceeded what I originally intended. It may be time to switch hobbies.

Good luck finding a buck converter rated for the 200-some amps needed to start a car, let alone rated for the temperature extremes found under a car hood.

Yeah I agree. What a huge waste it would be task these with. I'm definitely not going to rewire them for 3s. These things are intimidating and unwrapped would be sketchy as hell. No freaking way. I have 'disposed of' 10AH 2s lipos and appreciated the distance I had on them when they went a blaze.
I found a jayrob thread about high powered led flood lights. I'm thinking 200w of white light and 100w of UV for you know zombie vampires. I'm hooked on The Strain.
I need to research the UV more. I imagine cooling will be a big challenge for the UV. I saw some 480-500nm leds at around 100w. I'm trying to imagine.

Those are far more expensive than I had imagined they would be, nice catch.