Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3V Fully charged rcr123a battery voltage

niiii

Hello, just simple question, what voltage should 3V rcr123a battery have when fully charged? Im charging it with my nitecore d4 and it shows 3,4V and still charging... is it normal?

EDIT: The battery is probably broken... got 2 of same kind and only one of 5 bar was blinking and the charger was showing 3.4V and then stops charging... same happened on both batteries... Other batteries (18650s 3,7V) work fine

Last edited:

rhd

Do you have some reason to believe that the Nitecore D4 is capable of charging 3V 16340s ?

Because I don't see anything in its literature to suggest that it can charge that type of false voltage cell. I see Li-Ion, LifePo4, and Ni-Cd / Ni-MH voltages listed. There's nothing to indicate that it can charge those regulated 3V cells.

Chances are that charger interprets your cell as a LifePo4, overcharges it, and damages it.

Last edited:

niiii

theres listed that it can charge 16340s, so It should charge it, doesnt it?

ARG

theres listed that it can charge 16340s, so It should charge it, doesnt it?

Just because two batteries have the same size does not mean they have the same chemistry.

It can charge 3.7V 16340's.