Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3D model of laser pointer host for you guys

Petersoft

One of the most popular 5.6mm diode houseings used by the laser hobbyist is the AixiZ laser module. I thought that not everyone is able to make a nice case for such a laser based on the aixiz module, but maybe he/she have/has a 3d printer, so I designed in FreeCAD a case for such a laser that has a hole for the aixiz module, a hole for a switch, a place for 2 AAA batteries and it is closed with 4 bolts. Today I published it on Thingiverse- https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4658946. I hope that I helped someone in making the laser housing. if any of you want such a housing, but for example for a 18650 battery, please write a message under this post and I will try to design it. dsc00842-min_optimized.jpgRich

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Very nice. No model errors and looks like a quick print of around 8 hours. I recently got into modeling and 3d printing a few months ago and it is AWESOME to say the least. Excellent addition to thingiverse.

Petersoft

Very nice. No model errors and looks like a quick print of around 8 hours. I recently got into modeling and 3d printing a few months ago and it is AWESOME to say the least. Excellent addition to thingiverse.
thank you!
I have also been dealing with 3d printing for a few months and modeling in 3d only for a few days and this case is my first self-made 3d project.

very nice work==

btw aixiz is not correct-- this IS: AixiZ ...

.who has sold more blank modules than all other makers/sellers combined.
They come in a VERY heavy box of 5000 pcs (NOT assembled btw)
Dr Chuck's wife is 'Xia' and her daughter is 'Zi'..
They get a box that size about 4 times per year.
They are some of the nicest people that I know-- from day one ( ~10+ yrs ago) they have treated me as if I were kin.
I really lucked out being only a 50 min drive away.. Vet Owned.. still serves as a volunteer in the Coast Guard.

ps
they really like to hear about any new products that we want.
also AixiZ eekbay and scamazon is not where we should buy--instead go to aixiz.com -- & call in your order-you MIGHT get free shipping by letting them know you are forum members and a friend of mine.

thanks