Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3D model.. feeler

Ok hey guys.. I have just recently noticed that many people in the forum have been making drawings in paint and uploading them to the internet, to show case ideas, and also using similar images to send off to manufactures/machinists..

So I was thinking.. are the members here interested in a 3D modeler service.. I was thinking around $10 for models (large scale designs that take more then a day to complete will be charged extra) if they take less then 30 mins to complete I can do them for around $5 (maybe less)... and $15 for drawings

All the major formats of models are available, .par, .iges, .igs, .jt, .sat, .stl, .step, .stp, .x_b, .x_t, .xgl, .plmxml, .model and .ems.

All the major formats of assemblies are available, .asm, .bkm, .iges, .igs, .jt, .sat, .stl, .step, .stp, .x_b, .x_t, .xgl, .plmxml, .model.

All the major formats of drawings are available, .dft, .iges, .igs, .dgn, .dwg, .dxf and ofcorse .jpg, .gif and .bmp

The models and assemblies are all compatible with any good model viewer.. and screen shots and images can be taken with lines, smooth surface and outline only, views.

The drawings are all to scale and work off AASI 1100 standard, other standard or custom views, including blown out design and blown up designs are available! All work looks professional and is very cohesive to a machinist and can easily convey info within the forum!

So if any one has any questions please post them here.. this is just a feeler so tell me what you guys think?

-Adrian

Could you produce a vrml or .OBJ model? I'm looking for someone who can produce, good-looking, accurate, textured models of relatively simple objects such as furniture

I'm not 100% sure.. but .model and .asm is a pretty universal file type... I'll try find a converter from the internet.

Checking brb..

EDIT: there is a patch released for this.. it can allow me to import and export .asm and .model as .obj

so answer to your question is.. yes it is possible.. but this is just a feeler.. i wanted to know if this will benifit the forum and also if this service is needed often/regurlay by memembers? and if the price is within expected/acceptible range?

Last edited:
FREE BUMP, I can put tool paths on any CAD model and output CNC code if desired, but I doubt anyone would need that.

The price is definitely right, but I'm sorry, I don't think that I'd be able to use your services very much. I know the basics of CAD myself, but I would be looking for someone capable of doing 3D graphics for film or animation, complete with texturing.

It seems that most of the people that require a CAD have the means for making one (or obtaining one) themselfs.

ok.. I think your right.. I was thinking that it might help out the pioneers of host and heatsink desgins!

ohh well i guess i have to think of another way, to save up for a sp20!