Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

303 Laser's Testing

This will show you what laser is powerful in burning
1 Winner is the PM- Laser 303
2 Winner is the no name
3 What Ever :poke:
-
The Pm laser is a temp 2 i believe ?

Attachments

• IMG_7346.JPG
    IMG_7346.JPG
    468.7 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_7347.JPG
    IMG_7347.JPG
    467.7 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:

so many lasers.... are there *raffles* i'm seeing?(hope fully i'm not having hallucination or delusion....)

It's hard to beat the beam quality and visibility of the cheap Chinese 532's for the price.

Have they become more reliable that before?

I have a dozen good 532's but I went through several dozen to pedigree the winners, but this was a couple years ago.

I still enjoy my 532's. :beer:

Pman

That was interesting. I've never had any of my lasers on that long. They all seemed to hold up well. Didn't notice flickering/ mode hopping.

It's hard to beat the beam quality and visibility of the cheap Chinese 532's for the price.

Have they become more reliable that before?

I have a dozen good 532's but I went through several dozen to pedigree the winners, but this was a couple years ago.

I still enjoy my 532's. :beer:

I did the same thing purchase a lot to find the best i had this laser on for almost 15 minutes i made 4 videos and choice the best video the lasers are from 2013 :)

Last edited:

GSS

Alien on the 532nm 301s 303s etc, what was the average time it took to kill them or did they keep on going like the EveryReady Bunnie?:thinking:

Alien on the 532nm 301s 303s etc, what was the average time it took to kill them or did they keep on going like the EveryReady Bunnie?:thinking:

It keep going i will test one today i will keep it on until something happen :D

GSS

It keep going i will test one today i will keep it on until something happen :D
HaHa, way to go taking a hit for team forum:beer:...Also by chance if you happen to kill one take it apart and see if one sneaked by with a pot?

Last edited:
Its on almost for 30 minutes and nothing is happening i have pictures and timer and am still waiting i will wait 1 hour making a small video, the AW's batteries keep going and going :D

Last edited:

Razako

Its on almost for 30 minutes and nothing is happening i have pictures and timer and am still waiting i will wait 1 hour making a small video, the AW's batteries keep going and going :D
In all likelihood nothing will happen. I've torture tested some of my cheaper lasers by letting them run indefinitely until the batteries got low and nothing happened.

I have an O-like 200mw 650 NM that will literally run for hours until the 18650 runs out and the case barely gets warm at worst.

I've also tested a green kaidomain 'police' laser by running it up to 30 minutes at a time. The case gets warm, but it's never died.

Last edited:
I haven't purchased any of these in a long time. Maybe it's time to look again. Thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: GSS
Sorry if it's an old reply. But yes the green 303's are a great value. I've bought about 7 of them and only had one that really mode hopped. And a name-brand 18650 will give you plenty of run-time. Perfect "everyday" use laser (for people that know safety). Perfect "beater" lasers. The flip-side is that they're so easy to get, and people without knowledge can easily get into trouble (minor or major), and eye-hits with these is very bad yet easy to happen with a careless person.

The 650 (red) 303s are also great- very low divergence with the red diodes, and monster runtime with an 18650. The dot is still a pinpoint very far away, just like my SciFi 501B 250mW open-can LPC diode laser. Awesome. Just keep in mind with the 303's, be gentle with them and don't expect the world. But they're awesome value.

There's also 405nm 303-style lasers. I had one that was about 100mW. 405 is a bit scary since it looks so dim yet still dangerous. And I wish 405 was more reddish violet rather than that weird silver/grey/violet.

Enjoy. 303's rock. ^_^

Jhop

I just ordered a 532 303 80mw from Sanwu, only $19. I dunno where they get them though. Do they make them or buy in bulk over there in china then tweak and sell? Or just buy, stamp their name on it and sell? I figured if I am gonna get a cheap 303 I should buy thru a trusted brand, not some cheapie of ebay.

I will post a review on it once I get it. I have some LiCB 18650's and proper charger so I should get good results. I dunno how good LiCB stacks up to big brands like Panasonic though. Anyone have experience with LiCB? they definitely have some weight to them, not like the generic blue 18650's I got with a flashlight awhile back

Sta

I just ordered a 532 303 80mw from Sanwu, only $19. I dunno where they get them though. Do they make them or buy in bulk over there in china then tweak and sell? Or just buy, stamp their name on it and sell? I figured if I am gonna get a cheap 303 I should buy thru a trusted brand, not some cheapie of ebay.

I will post a review on it once I get it. I have some LiCB 18650's and proper charger so I should get good results. I dunno how good LiCB stacks up to big brands like Panasonic though. Anyone have experience with LiCB? they definitely have some weight to them, not like the generic blue 18650's I got with a flashlight awhile back

Those generic blue 18650s are probably full of sand or flour. :whistle:

LiCB is a fake battery chemistry. It doesn't actually mean anything (unlike LiMN, LiCoO2, LiFePO4, etc...) and the companies that make it are running the same scam as UltraFire. My battery of choice is typically the Sanyo NCR18650GA. Great battery with excellent capacity and good current.

Jhop

Ah good to know. I think liCB is just the brand. But hey they were cheap. I also heard someone said orbtronic panasonic were really good? how do they compare to the Sanyo's you mentioned?