Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

300mW Green in pen case?

It doesn't seem to be affected by IR too much, and if you already checked with your camera phone, then it might be filtered, however, it still probably isn't more than 100mW. But you won't know for sure unless you get a meter.

Even if it is only 100mW ish, at least it works.

Benm

spark001uk said:
Ok i've dug out some small IR filters i had, so i've done a little experiment, have a look and see what you conclude?
HERE

Well, it seems that it is actually the green doing the work here... and by the speed that match lights up, i reckon there is at least 100 mW of it.

Its still a scam though - far from the 300 mW claimed, and the demonstration with a rigged power meter makes that even worse.

daguin

spark001uk said:
Well its funny cos it read my 50mw correctly so it cant have been rigged?

. . .and what power meter was used to get your original power measurement from your 50mW Newwish?

Peace,
dave

I can't remember what make it was now but it had a round black head on a stand, looked like a lollipop! Think it was science something?
RA-pierce has a point though, it could just be 100mw of green and IR taking it above that maybe? I won't know until i get it on a 100% verified calibrated meter.

daguin

spark001uk said:
I can't remember what make it was now but it had a round black head on a stand, looked like a lollipop! Think it was science something?
RA-pierce has a point though, it could just be 100mw of green and IR taking it above that maybe? I won't know until i get it on a 100% verified calibrated meter.

I don't know where you live, but mine is always offered. I live in Southern California. If you do not live by me, just ask in the forum here. There may be someone near you. Otherwise you will have to ship it/them to be measured if you want to "know."

Peace,
dave

iewed

If you could, ask to get it re-metered, but bring the IR filter. Also do a power test up close, and 1' away. IR has horrible divergence, so metering from 1' away un-filtered should give you a more accurate description of how much green the laser is putting out.
But from your video it looks like a solid 100mW< of green is coming out.

looking at the feedback on him by his Ebay buyers,out of over 1000 buyers, there were only 2 negatives. Both were for low power. One was a german who seemed to know what he was talking about. All the rest probably were happy with a nice bright green laser. 100 mw of green can look pretty bright to a newcomer. I got an alleged 200 mw green from china. It measured 80 mw on my LPM, but it sure looked bright before I got the LPM. :)